Making Progress

Hookedtrout

Jul 18, 2004
S.E. Idaho
Things are moving along. Stuff showing up every day. Just got word that the Digitrax DCC system shipped today. Placed my order today for the BLI Light 2-8-2. I need to get my layout figured out and get the track placement going. I have the deck done and set up some track and Squeak has been playing with the old Tyco set on it and having a lot of fun but it's time to take it down and start the landscaping. Here's a link to some pictures of the progress.

http://tinyurl.com/6hg4l

Hook

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Beautiful looking train building and room you have there, Hook.
thumbs.gif
Looking forward to updates.

Hookedtrout

Jul 18, 2004
S.E. Idaho
Lighthorseman said:
Beautiful looking train building and room you have there, Hook.
thumbs.gif
Looking forward to updates.
Thanks, the building sure turned out be a lot more than I planned for but the change in plans really gave it an old "Train Shack" look which is fitting I guess. The building is built so it can be used as a guest house IF we ever stop playing with the trains. It has vinyl low E glass windows, heat and new carpeting so it would make a nice little bunkhouse. We do a lot of entertaining as I have fly fishing friends that come to Idaho and spend a couple weeks with me every year from AZ, CO, NH, CA and other states. But somehow I doubt that will be anywhere in the near future. Especially knowing I have two kids that should be having some kids of their own in the not to far off future. Nothing better than a grandpa with a train shack full of model trains is there? The investment thus far :eek: would be hard to just dump as well.

Hook

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
Ha Hook, Nice place you have there. How did you get that old Santa Fa covered wagon to run. I have one just like it, and it takes about full power to get it to move. The layout's lookin' good!

Hookedtrout

Jul 18, 2004
S.E. Idaho
SAL Comet said:
Ha Hook, Nice place you have there. How did you get that old Santa Fa covered wagon to run. I have one just like it, and it takes about full power to get it to move. The layout's lookin' good!
Getting it to move wasn't too difficult I just put it on the track and prayed once I had a little oval together and away it went. Now putting up with the squeal from the old motor was a chore however. So I ordered me up some oils and gave it a good oil bath and it's pretty quiet now. Not near as nice as the new stuff out now days but it goes in circles and that was the intent, keep Squeak happy till I could get a some new loco's and new rolling stock. Things are showing up every day and I think my mail man and the UPS are getting tired of having to come down my long old driveway. :D Just can't get those ebay sellers to time out all this stuff to show up the same day and save them daily trips. :( Oh well, keep it coming, looks like the next project is going to have to be shelving and storage under the deck.

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
Cory,
Glad to hear your Digitrax gear is en route. I had already seen your "train shed", which is really neat... but the start you've got on your layout is impressive.

Thanks for sharing...

Bob

Hookedtrout

Jul 18, 2004
S.E. Idaho
Iron Goat said:
Cory,
Glad to hear your Digitrax gear is en route. I had already seen your "train shed", which is really neat... but the start you've got on your layout is impressive.

Thanks for sharing...

Bob
This should prove to be a busy week for the U.S. Mail as well as UPS at our house. The digitrax has already shown and I'm reading the 3 instruction books dilligently every night at work. The BLI Mike should show this week along with a ton of other stuff ranging from layout supplies to rolling stock. :) Be a busy time at the old shack in the coming weeks.

Hook

Hookedtrout

Jul 18, 2004
S.E. Idaho
BLI Mike arrived.

Thanks :thumb: to everyone that recommended the BLI Mike Light. It showed up today and it is a beauty. Wish the track was wired and set up to run so I could give it a whirl :( can't wait to hear those whistles blow. Good things come to those that wait I guess.