Makin' History!

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
I am pleased to say that NO, not always - I actually saw the bull "win".

(and by "win" I mean that the bullfighter and his cohorts could not kill the bull in the ring, although surely it could not have survived long afterwards from the tremendous blood loss, and it was probably put down out of the view of the audience.........I was pleased nevertheless that at least the bullfighter did not win..........even if my wife and I return to MX, I will definitely **NOT** be attending another bullfight.............)

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
win place or show

There seems to be a loack of sporting blood in this forum. Betting to "place" means that the horse can come in first or second . (That's the funny bit in my post). FYI betting to "show" means coming in the first three.
(I've got that right?? I last worked at/went to the track in '65)

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Sorry, 60103 - It went right over everyone's head (or at least mine).
You wrote "Did you know that, in Mexico, place betting on the bullfights is illegal?" but I read placing bets.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
So did I, and probably everyone else as well. We tend to make "corrections" automatically as we read. This same tendency often helps add detail which aren't really there when we view model railroads. If we know something belongs there, we will see it if we don't look too close. I have little scenery but I know how it will all look someday, I am always amazed that others don't see it!

Gary

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Tyson- I thought it was a good one, too.

Off Topic (??)
I thought the bullfighting was cool until I saw the whole thing with the spears. It kind of went un-cool. Kinda like the dudes that shoot the critters just to do it. :( :mad:
I went hunting once, what we shot we ate. The horns went up on my buddies wall and a good bit of the hyde went to strips for some neat Amercian Indian Dream Catchers.