Maintenance Bay - Battlestar Galactica

sakrison

Banned
Jul 5, 2006
Viper_2829.jpg Viper_2824.jpg
The Viper Mk.II is Uhu02's Viper enlarged from 1/50 to 1/35 scale with no other modifications. I drew the diorama base and wall in Photoshop using free sci-fi textures from the Internet. I also drew the jack stands and the scaffold in Photoshop. They will soon be available as freebies at e-cardmodels.com.

A last-minute addition to the diorama - some things will never change:
Viper_2833[1].jpg

Attachments

• Viper_2829.jpg
    Viper_2829.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Very nice indeed. You could clutter it up even more with some of the specific equipment in the Resource Section, but it stands on it's own, it's Excellent!! :)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
View attachment 148926 View attachment 148928
The Viper Mk.II is Uhu02's Viper enlarged from 1/50 to 1/35 scale with no other modifications. I drew the diorama base and wall in Photoshop using free sci-fi textures from the Internet. I also drew the jack stands and the scaffold in Photoshop. They will soon be available as freebies at e-cardmodels.com.

A last-minute addition to the diorama - some things will never change:
View attachment 148929

Sakrison,

Cool diorama of a Viper maintenance bay! :Congrats: Nice detailing!:robot2: Especially with the poster.;)

Sky Seeker
:tank:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
This model looks better eery time I look at it,.

I would advise that everyone building a plane with removable panels, to put a thin strip on the edges of the bulkheads, as this is how the skin is held on, and what helps the ship have an exoskeleton. It also looks better, and that's because it looks more "real". ;)

mcusanelli

Feb 26, 2008
That looks FANTASTIC! If I may offer a suggestion? It seems that the base edge is unfinished. When you build a diorama, always finish the base edges, as it's like a 'frame' on your picture, and just adds a final neat touch that makes a difference. This comes from my old military miniature days, when the base was a really important part of the presentation. Even painting it a simple satin black looks nice and will add an extra touch of class to an already excellent diorama.

Reactions: Sky Seeker