Magazine Database

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone out there in cyberland had created a database to keep track of which magazines they had and the articles within them. I just recieved a collection of train magazines and want a way to keep up with them as well as which Im missing. Thanks for all your help.

77Railer

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
Well...that shows what articles are in which magazine...although it isnt complete...it doesnt help us keep track of which magazines we have...77Railer

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
I keep a simple spreadsheet for each magazine, months across the top, years in the first column, then just place an "X" on each magazine I have. I have one spreadsheet for each magazine. It's easy to update, most of the work is already done. Then, so I can access it from anywhere or share it with friends, I export to html and post the result on a web site (click "my magazines"):

http://www.2guyzandsumtrains.com/2g/UJ/

When I want to research something, I use the index nachoman pointed out and search by keyword, then compare the results to my index and pull out the mags I need.

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
Not sure if I would throw out the paper versions...never know when they might come in handy. I have no clue what years/months I have at this moment....guess I will start creating my own database....should prove to be interesting...maybe access would be best...if I created a basic database then I could share it on here and you all could input which months/years you have...articles could be cataloged as well...77railer

Unless someone knows of an easier way...?