made it back

It has been a long time since i have been here and it is good to be back. This summer has been not one that I enjoyed, work has been unreal and just about to the point of being unbearable, so busy and so much overtime, it ran me ragged. Had to go back to the praries in August, my mother took a turn for the worst, wow what a shock , she broke her hip a short while ago and her health deteriated rapidly, I guess it was the loss of mobility and age that did it.. It was heart wrenching to see her in that shape and you have a feeling of complete helplessness as there is nothing that you can do. It was very tough leaving her knowing that it would be the last time I would see her alive. I was right, wasn't home long and got that dredded call that she passed away, back again to deal with all of that. Just got back two days ago and it is back to work again. Well this time things should have slowed a bit, I am making more time for me and family and of course railroading. Have some catching up to do, lots of reading, here on the guage and have some ideas on the railroad expantion. Thanks for listening, its great to be back.
thanks..Ron..

Gary Pfeil

Sorry to hear of your Moms passing. I had a similar experience when my Dad was hospitalized many years ago, he only had days left, I needed to make a decision, to see him in the hospital while alive or go to his funeral, I couldn't do both. It seemed a no brainer, I went to see him, it was heartbreaking to see him so frail when he had been such a strong man. And hard to leave him there in his bed knowing I would never see him again. I took comfort knowing that he welcomed death, he was tired of suffering.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
A sad time for you Ron. It is hard to experience the passing of loved ones which we all face in life. What's going on in the work world these days. Everyone seems to be working long hours and too much overtime. I am really thankful to be retired. Don't know if I could have kept up with todays pace.

Thank you all for the very kind words and thoughts, yes in matters like this we all have to think of the positive, now she is in a better place, no suffering or pain..thanks again..Ron..

RailRon

My condolences for the passing of your Mom, Ron. I know exactly how you feel because last year I lived through the same chain of events - my Ma also broke her hip, then her health deteriorated quickly and finally she passed away. I also think that they are in a better place now, and this thought can comfort us in times as these.

It's fine to have you back here on the Gauge. I alway miss my namesakes when I don't hear of them for a while!

Ron

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I was east for my dad's 90th birthday. We ended up celebrating it in his hospital room. We were all leaving on Sunday, and that morning we went to see him, he greeted each of us, and then said, "I'm in serious trouble, but I'm not afraid". When it came time to go, he and I both knew it would be the last time we would see each other, but I left, knowing that I had been blessed with the opportunity to say goodby.......we rarely get that chance.
I guess we finally understand what it is to be ...adult... when we no longer have our parents to turn to.
Pete