Mad Max Interceptor

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Cláudio Dias, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Hi folks,

Results from the poll and comments at paperinside.com indicates Mad Max Interceptor as the next ar to be modeled at paperinside.

It's very hard to find pictures - specially spec's pictures - of this car.

Any help will be welcome!

Thanks in advance!
  2. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

I had the same problem when I was developing a "SSP Smash Up Derby" version for a toy company. Here's the diagram I made below. The proportions are accurate (just take out the big wheel :)).

There was another V8 Interceptor that was being designed, but I don't know what happened to it.

BTW, the dotted lines are where the wheel SHOULD be.

Attached Files:

3. rojo

rojo Member

SSPs were the best toy EVER! I had two of them: the "Laker Special" in metallic red finish and the "Ramjet". I can still remember that cool sound they made when you pulled the ripcord!
  4. Gearhead

Gearhead New Member

Hi Claudio,

Here is a blueprint of a 1973 XB Ford Falcon Coupe, the basis of the Mad Max Interceptor.

I do not know who produced the blueprint, but I expect that as you are only using for reference it should not be a problem.

Good luck.

Gearhead

Attached Files:

5. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Are you basing it on the road warrior version or the Mad Max first movie version? As the first movie didn't have the rear tanks like that. Shame they blew it up in road warrior. If you need some screens of it from the dvds let me know as I have all three on dvd. Other models you've done looking good though. I'm really wanting this one as anything ford is pretty much an intereset to me.
  6. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Armorman, Gearhead,

Thanks for pics! I'll sure use them!

Bad Scorpion,

I do prefer the version with the tanks. Can you send some pics from the movie - specially from car interior and external details?

Thank you
  7. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Sure no problem. Internally is pretty stripped out but will get the shots for you.
  8. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Bad Scorpion,

In the front of the car, the bottom part was removed, revealling axis and gears.

Does the movie show some close up of the front?

Thank you again!
  9. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Bad Scorpion,

another question: Does it have glasses? Ou just the front one?
  10. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

the blue line on the front of mine is where the fenders end when it lost the grill and front end detailing.
  11. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank you Armorman!
  12. 57townsman

57townsman Member

13. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Steve,

I've already known this site. Thank you anyway!
  14. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

townsman,

wow, the old Monogram Rommel's Rod model for your sig....man that brings back memories!

Back on subject (kinda):

Did you know there was a prototype slot set made with the interceptor and Humongus' ride (could wreck 'em too)?
  15. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Armorman,

These are my favorite p****** models from days gone by. 8)

Maybe someday they will be in paper too :wink:

And now, back to the tread already in progress...

Attached Files:

16. rowiac

rowiac Member

If somebody does those, they might as well design "Boot Hill Express", "Beer Wagon", "Red Baron", "Tijuana Taxi" and other Monogram models I forgot too! :twisted:

Sorry, didn't mean to keep hijacking the thread.

Roger
  17. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Don't worry I was paying attention to that when getting screenshots. And if by "glass" you are refering to the headlight lenses then the are set up with a sealed beam glass lens with a plastic flat lens in front. you'll see in the captures. I'm just about done. By the way what's the email address?
  18. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Bad Scorpion,

Sorry for my english! When I said Glasses, I'd like to say windshields.

Thank you!
  19. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

In that case yes the front is one peice. Then the two side back windows are there but the door windows completly gone, and the rear hatch was removed. By the way don't forget the nose of the care was still complete up until about 5 minutes into the road warrior. Then he rams a car and shatters the nose assembly. So we may have to ge tyou to make an add on peice to have the complete nose for it too:) .

I would like to get a version that looks like the first movie one. Nice clean shiney and complete that's the one that always sticks in my mind. Actually shouldn't be two hard to do. make one with the dirt covered body then one all black body still use the same basic shape and have the nose removeable to expose the front end then have removeable hatch so can put the tanks in the back. But whatever you do I'm sure will be impressive. as I'm on hold right now with my works still got some strange software bug so doing all my screen caps on aother system then will send them out.
  20. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Bad Scorpion,

thank you for explanations!

By the way, I've sent you my email address using a private message.