Macross/Robotech Destroids, and other mecha

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by ThunderChild, Jan 25, 2008.

1. fruiz

fruiz New Member

Janx, I am returning these crazy, excellent idea, I hope to see more of this project

Greetings

FRUIZ
    Lima - PerĂº
  2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Very sweet alpha Janx. You got skill man!!

Great build G1, as always! :)
  3. Janx

Janx Member

Moved it to the alpha thread thunder, didn't want to hijack this one.

Got to get more people in here making new models :) I didn't realise how many paper models of the VF 1 there are out there, so I will probably hold off on my VF1 battroid and concentrate on the VF2SSm Alpha and VF2JA for now.
  4. ThunderChild

No fear of hijacking J, it's what this thread is for. Though I do agree, each project more than deserves it's own thread! That Alpha and VF2SS makes me itch to get back on track with my own designs... :p Like G1 said: "Magic!"
    Absolutely!!!

Palmer, your Queadluun Rau looks like it'll be an amazing addition to the community! Gr8 job! Cant wait! :thumb:

Tang's Transforming VF-1 is a godsend! I can't wait to get my hands on that puppy! But then again, all of you know that already... right? :twisted:
  5. Janx

Janx Member

You will not be alone :p
  6. ThunderChild

Not a papermodel but I thought I should share with the collectors:
    Robotech.com is now accepting pre-orders for Toynami's Masterpiece Beta Fighter!
  7. ThunderChild

Sdf1

Bump!

I haven't dropped off the planet yet guys! just sorta teetering on the edge! sign1

For some bizarre reason the old SDF post doesn't wanna bump, so I'm thinking of just starting a new thread for it.

Update: SDF-1 (v.2) is nearing completion. announce1
    Within the coming week, watch this space... :twisted:
  8. ThunderChild

Seems a little off topic, but it is in connection with my Destroid and SDF v.1 models...

I came across a well known (To some of us) infamous spanish (I think) website dedicated to this topic, and have now joined the illustrious group of designers to find their models hosted on another website without permission.

I emailed them stating my displeasure, mentioning that I would have given permission had they asked first. I would consider the matter closed if they post an apology.
    Here's the reply I got:

"Not that I am talking about these, you do not ask you to the model.
    We collect material on the web for free access to our fans, the truth is what I asked Trims-www.imprime-pega.com where I am registered, so you do not I have to ask permission for anything.
    We are not pirates are just fans"

As you can imagine, I'm not happy with this. The language barrier could be a possible problem, so I'm not steaming out the ears yet, but your insights and recommendations will come in handy.
  9. ThunderChild

Flustered

Seems a little off topic, but it is in connection with my Destroid and SDF v.1 models...

I came across a well known (To some of us) infamous spanish (I think) website dedicated to this topic, and have now joined the illustrious group of designers to find their models hosted on another website without permission.

I emailed them stating my displeasure, mentioning that I would have given permission had they asked first. I would consider the matter closed if they post an apology.
    Here's the reply I got:

"Not that I am talking about these, you do not ask you to the model.
    We collect material on the web for free access to our fans, the truth is what I asked Trims-www.imprime-pega.com where I am registered, so you do not I have to ask permission for anything.
    We are not pirates are just fans"

As you can imagine, I'm not happy with this. The language barrier could be a possible problem, so I'm not steaming out the ears yet, but your insights and recommendations will come in handy.
  10. cybrsqrl

cybrsqrl New Member

Everything has been chaos here. The company I work for was bought out. I changed job locations(twice), and my landlord lost the house I was living in to his wife in a divorce. I finally got a new camera and decided to post pics of my SDF-1. It's 2 foot long with the ARMD carriers attached. Still need to do all the surface details and gun pods.

Attached Files:

11. cybrsqrl

cybrsqrl New Member

ModelsPlease over at battleclinic did the meshes and textures. He was kind enough to grant me permission to post the finished models here if and when my life ever stabilizes enough to finish them. More to come..... I'm still unpacking.
  12. cybrsqrl

cybrsqrl New Member

Sorry about posting three in a row but I just thought of something. Does anyone have a cool Idea for a paper stand for the Macross planes? I've built a bunch now and the stands I'm using are from the VF-1 model I found while wondering the net. Would be nice to have a themed one that looks nicer. Maybe the kite logo with one of the ARMD carrier deployment arms holding the plane up or something.
  13. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey TC,

I came across that site a while back myself. I saw the Cyclone I built there and even with my build pic. When we put up models this sort of thing WILL happen somewhere. When I had my Roland C.II put up for download it was on a file share site within a week. I was informed by another member here. I'm just glad I had it up for free so it didn't upset me much. If it had been a comercial kit it would've be a whole other story :(

G1
  14. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey Cybrsqrl,

Sorry to hear the bad luck :(

Great looking SDF :D

Got any pics of the ARMD deployment arms?

G1
  15. cybrsqrl

cybrsqrl New Member

The Deployment arm is basically a robot arm that unfolds from the ship holding the fighter until the boosters are ignited. The movie poster kind of shows it in the background, but there is no standard one in the series. Each is different depending on the scene it is used in. There is a better one in the opening sequence of the movie, but I can't find a still shot of it.

I'm not even entirely sold on it. Just looking for a neat stand with the Macross theme to it for the models. There are lots of plastic model stands.I would love if the stands were paper to match the models.
  16. cybrsqrl

cybrsqrl New Member

Trying again. Seems I lost the pics somewhere when I posted.

Attached Files:

17. ThunderChild

I absolutely love your SDF cybrsqrl! :thumb: Now I need to get my but in action on my pics! :p
  18. Janx

Janx Member

Looks superb :) more, we want more!
  19. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Very very cool SDF-1 :thumb:
  20. cybrsqrl

cybrsqrl New Member

Sdf-1

Well, after I posted the last picks, I got the superflu. Been out of commission for the last month. I finished gluing the guns and small detail pieces to it. I'm done for now except to build a display stand for it. Kind of want my drink glasses back :)
    I'm pretty sure this will be something I return to frequently as I finish making it a buildable model and add more small parts......but for now, on to the next one.

Attached Files: