Macross/Robotech Destroids, and other mecha

Janx

Oct 2, 2007
Passed a copy of (VF2SS) this to Getter1, see what his expert eye and advice can do to improve it for release on here. I'll hold off making any alterations yet till he can give me a bit of feedback,(if any one can make sense of my 3d models it's getter1).

Messing around with A VF2Ja and the New Alpha (new textures, new heads, and parts to make it into a guardian/gerwalk)

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Awww Janx spilt the beans on my sceret build :p I certianly hope I can live up to such a wonderful compliment. Janx has once agian designed a beautiful model, VERY high quality ;)

So far all is well. It is very partsy but IMO a design of this complexity it needs to be. The 3D model rivals if not surpasses the plastic kit I have :D

I've only completed the chest plate and over half the nose cone so far. Also on the current model there's no tabs on the parts sheets but to me htat's a good thing. I'm using plain paper strips as butt style tabs just like on many aircraft models.

I only have the shots I took for Janx last night ATM so I'll post em up below. I'll try to get more shots tonight when I get the nose section built.

Here in the shots is the begining of the chest plate. I goofed up bad on the bottom section and the one in the pic was tossed for anew :p

All my new posts on this model will be in a new thread so I don't bogg down and hijack TC's thread :p

G1

Attachments

• 07260268.jpg
    07260268.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 07260269.jpg
    07260269.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 07260270.jpg
    07260270.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 20

Janx

Oct 2, 2007
OK whilst Getter doing the honours on the VF2SS (please do look at the thread its an education to watch what a master can make of the mess I produce :p) I have been getting back into the swing of things on the Legioss AFC 01- or Alpha. A few pics follows..

Attachments

• AFC-01Z.jpg
    AFC-01Z.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 18
  • AFC-01Z Bottom.jpg
    AFC-01Z Bottom.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 20
  • AFC-01Z Gerwalk leg.jpg
    AFC-01Z Gerwalk leg.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 24

Janx

Oct 2, 2007
Moved it to the alpha thread thunder, didn't want to hijack this one.

Got to get more people in here making new models :) I didn't realise how many paper models of the VF 1 there are out there, so I will probably hold off on my VF1 battroid and concentrate on the VF2SSm Alpha and VF2JA for now.

ThunderChild

No fear of hijacking J, it's what this thread is for. Though I do agree, each project more than deserves it's own thread! That Alpha and VF2SS makes me itch to get back on track with my own designs... :p Like G1 said: "Magic!"
Absolutely!!!

Palmer, your Queadluun Rau looks like it'll be an amazing addition to the community! Gr8 job! Cant wait! :thumb:

Tang's Transforming VF-1 is a godsend! I can't wait to get my hands on that puppy! But then again, all of you know that already... right? :twisted:

ThunderChild

Sdf1

Bump!

I haven't dropped off the planet yet guys! just sorta teetering on the edge! sign1

For some bizarre reason the old SDF post doesn't wanna bump, so I'm thinking of just starting a new thread for it.

Update: SDF-1 (v.2) is nearing completion. announce1
Within the coming week, watch this space... :twisted:

ThunderChild

Seems a little off topic, but it is in connection with my Destroid and SDF v.1 models...

I came across a well known (To some of us) infamous spanish (I think) website dedicated to this topic, and have now joined the illustrious group of designers to find their models hosted on another website without permission.

I emailed them stating my displeasure, mentioning that I would have given permission had they asked first. I would consider the matter closed if they post an apology.
Here's the reply I got:

"Not that I am talking about these, you do not ask you to the model.
We collect material on the web for free access to our fans, the truth is what I asked Trims-www.imprime-pega.com where I am registered, so you do not I have to ask permission for anything.
We are not pirates are just fans"

As you can imagine, I'm not happy with this. The language barrier could be a possible problem, so I'm not steaming out the ears yet, but your insights and recommendations will come in handy.

ThunderChild

Flustered

Seems a little off topic, but it is in connection with my Destroid and SDF v.1 models...

I came across a well known (To some of us) infamous spanish (I think) website dedicated to this topic, and have now joined the illustrious group of designers to find their models hosted on another website without permission.

I emailed them stating my displeasure, mentioning that I would have given permission had they asked first. I would consider the matter closed if they post an apology.
Here's the reply I got:

"Not that I am talking about these, you do not ask you to the model.
We collect material on the web for free access to our fans, the truth is what I asked Trims-www.imprime-pega.com where I am registered, so you do not I have to ask permission for anything.
We are not pirates are just fans"

As you can imagine, I'm not happy with this. The language barrier could be a possible problem, so I'm not steaming out the ears yet, but your insights and recommendations will come in handy.

cybrsqrl

Jan 18, 2008
Everything has been chaos here. The company I work for was bought out. I changed job locations(twice), and my landlord lost the house I was living in to his wife in a divorce. I finally got a new camera and decided to post pics of my SDF-1. It's 2 foot long with the ARMD carriers attached. Still need to do all the surface details and gun pods.

Attachments

• sdf1 paper model 001.jpg
    sdf1 paper model 001.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 32
  • sdf1 paper model 002.jpg
    sdf1 paper model 002.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 38
  • sdf1 paper model 003.jpg
    sdf1 paper model 003.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 39

cybrsqrl

Jan 18, 2008
ModelsPlease over at battleclinic did the meshes and textures. He was kind enough to grant me permission to post the finished models here if and when my life ever stabilizes enough to finish them. More to come..... I'm still unpacking.

cybrsqrl

Jan 18, 2008
Sorry about posting three in a row but I just thought of something. Does anyone have a cool Idea for a paper stand for the Macross planes? I've built a bunch now and the stands I'm using are from the VF-1 model I found while wondering the net. Would be nice to have a themed one that looks nicer. Maybe the kite logo with one of the ARMD carrier deployment arms holding the plane up or something.

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hey TC,

I came across that site a while back myself. I saw the Cyclone I built there and even with my build pic. When we put up models this sort of thing WILL happen somewhere. When I had my Roland C.II put up for download it was on a file share site within a week. I was informed by another member here. I'm just glad I had it up for free so it didn't upset me much. If it had been a comercial kit it would've be a whole other story :(

G1

cybrsqrl

Jan 18, 2008
The Deployment arm is basically a robot arm that unfolds from the ship holding the fighter until the boosters are ignited. The movie poster kind of shows it in the background, but there is no standard one in the series. Each is different depending on the scene it is used in. There is a better one in the opening sequence of the movie, but I can't find a still shot of it.

I'm not even entirely sold on it. Just looking for a neat stand with the Macross theme to it for the models. There are lots of plastic model stands.I would love if the stands were paper to match the models.