Macloed Super Service

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
McLennan, Alberta, Canada.
Visit site
This is the JL inovative Design kit. It is all wood and white metal castings. The kits are real nice to do.

The shot was taken downstairs, a couple of incadesants, and the camera flash. Not as good as out door lighting, I don't think!

Drew

Attachments

• macloed super service358.jpg
    macloed super service358.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 113

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Drew, nice photo's, have you ever thought about using FLUORESCENT DAYLIGHT TUBES, these tubes are rated at 55OO degrees Kelvin and are perfect match for colour photography, when using Digiatl or daylight type slide or print film, they come in 4' 5' and 6' lengths, and are only a little bit more expensive than normal household fluorescent tubes, and as they match daylight temperature no filters i.e. 8OA or 8OB are required.
Shamus

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
McLennan, Alberta, Canada.
Visit site
Signs

Thanks to all for the positive comments.

Thats the one nice thing about the JL Inovative Design kits, they (mostly) all come with two printed sign sheets to fit the model and the era. For example, the Macleod kit came with mostly automotive type of signs and the General store kit, (which I'll be doing next) comes with general merchandise signs.

Now, to install them, I found a product called "3M Controltac Plus, Graphic Marking System", at my local sign making shop. It comes about 3ft wide and I bought a 3ft length of it. It cost me about $12 cdn. for nine sq ft. It's a thin, clear, film with sticky on both sides. It has a removable wxed paper on each side to prevent it from sticking to any thing. So you just peel off one side, stick your sign to it, trim as required and then peel off the other side and press. Easy to do and man, is it sticky!

I've used it for billboards, hanging signs and the wall signs with very good results! Use the image attached to add to your layout some where!

Yes, all my structures are HO, so when it comes time to build a layout, I'll guess I'll stick with the same scale

I have a 4ft daylight tube over the wifes dog grooming table, but I was just to lazy to move it over there!

Woodie, I'm not sure what you mean by "how much a gallon"? I like doing structures, if thats what your refering to!!

Drew

Attachments

• spittingsidewalks_sm.jpg
    spittingsidewalks_sm.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 84