Mackenzie Milling

JBBVry

May 14, 2004
Thomasville NC
groups.yahoo.com
here is the Mackenzie milling co i am building from scratch i bought a copy kit that was very bad. I got a good set of Instructions from a guy on the net and have been able to re do most of the kit so far here are 5 pics of it as it isnow about 65% done with the building.

Attachments

• mm1.JPG
    mm1.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 357
  • mm2a.jpg
    mm2a.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 353
  • mm3a.jpg
    mm3a.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 356
  • mm4.JPG
    mm4.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 345
  • mm5a.jpg
    mm5a.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 348

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
Paul,
Great looking building. Are you planning on doing more weathering on the building? Personally I would probably do some heavy weathering of the walls and signs, maybe it's just the photo, but I think they appear to be in much less deteriorated than the rest of the building.

Jesper

JBBVry

May 14, 2004
Thomasville NC
groups.yahoo.com
Everything will get a lot more weathering once it gets put on the base. right now i am about 85% done with the building and 0% done with the base i think the base will take me at lest 2 to 3 weeks to do right. this is a scratch built FSM kit so i am having to find things that will work I spent most of last night going through my parts boxes looking for things to use. found some still need more. will post some more as it goes.

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
wow, that last photo looks just fantastic. I assume it your building on a diorama, but I can't really tell if it's the real thing or not. I have been scrolling up and down several times now to check details, and every detail on the 'real' picture matches the details on your model, that's why I assume it's your model, but I can't really tell. If the picture is the real thing, then your model is a fantastic model of it, and if the picture is a diorama, then your model is a fantastic looking model. How many times did I say "fantastic" :)

great building.

Jesper

JBBVry

May 14, 2004
Thomasville NC
groups.yahoo.com
that was a pic of it on my mobile photo base. i just hadto make a few pics of it to see how it looked in Sepia tone. and i think it looks pretty good. i will post a pic of the whole thing as soon as i get it done. The base for this kit is the hardest part.