m7 sexton

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by lolson, Apr 19, 2007.

1. lolson

lolson Member

Hello again guys, I have been working on a m7 for a little while now and have the exterior almost done. I'm doing the entire thing in sketchup and it might be a long time so don't expect it tomorrow. Anyways, the reason I'm posting is that google images hasn't gotten me anywhere for the interior. I only need a couple of good pictures of the inside of this tank. I also need a way to make tracks that aren't just strips in sketchup as I plan for this to be a semi difficult model. Here's picture of what I have so far.
    [​IMG]
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. lolson

lolson Member

Hello again guys, I have been working on a m7 for a little while now and have the exterior almost done. I'm doing the entire thing in sketchup and it might be a long time so don't expect it tomorrow. Anyways, the reason I'm posting is that google images hasn't gotten me anywhere for the interior. I only need a couple of good pictures of the inside of this tank. I also need a way to make tracks that aren't just strips in sketchup as I plan for this to be a semi difficult model. Here's picture of what I have so far.
    [​IMG]
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  3. charliec

charliec Active Member

4. charliec

charliec Active Member

5. lolson

lolson Member

First of all thanks.
    It's kind of embaressing but I have no idea how to scale something, I'm going to unfold this in pepakura eventually. If I do find out how to scale it it will be probably 1:48 because I plan to do treads that are not strips and 1:72 treads would kill the builder.
    I have another question. Do the m7 priest and the m7 sexton have around the same interior? The priest has a lot more images and I was wondering if I could use those.
  6. lolson

lolson Member

First of all thanks.
    It's kind of embaressing but I have no idea how to scale something, I'm going to unfold this in pepakura eventually. If I do find out how to scale it it will be probably 1:48 because I plan to do treads that are not strips and 1:72 treads would kill the builder.
    I have another question. Do the m7 priest and the m7 sexton have around the same interior? The priest has a lot more images and I was wondering if I could use those.
  7. charliec

charliec Active Member

Not an expert on the Priest/Sexton but my impression is that they were fairly similar except that the gun on the Sexton is the British 25lb gun rather than the US 105mm gun. There should be lots of 25lb gun images on the Web though - it was in service for a long time.

Regards,

Charlie
  8. charliec

charliec Active Member

Not an expert on the Priest/Sexton but my impression is that they were fairly similar except that the gun on the Sexton is the British 25lb gun rather than the US 105mm gun. There should be lots of 25lb gun images on the Web though - it was in service for a long time.

Regards,

Charlie
  9. lolson

lolson Member

Update: I finished pretty much the entire exterior except the treads. I'm thinking about doing them like the Panzer Kampfwagen IV from this site. http://www.pluto.dti.ne.jp/~naka/ They weren't too much of a pain when I built
    that tank. With a lot of luck (which I usually have none of :twisted: ) this model will be ready for printing by next month
    [​IMG]
  10. lolson

lolson Member

Update: I finished pretty much the entire exterior except the treads. I'm thinking about doing them like the Panzer Kampfwagen IV from this site. http://www.pluto.dti.ne.jp/~naka/ They weren't too much of a pain when I built
    that tank. With a lot of luck (which I usually have none of :twisted: ) this model will be ready for printing by next month
    [​IMG]
  11. lolson

lolson Member

UPDATE: I have finished all the exterior and the treads. I made two jerry cans for the back and spaced the drive wheels for the treads. All thougthfull critisism is welcome.
    [​IMG]
  12. lolson

lolson Member

UPDATE: I have finished all the exterior and the treads. I made two jerry cans for the back and spaced the drive wheels for the treads. All thougthfull critisism is welcome.
    [​IMG]
  13. charliec

charliec Active Member

Is this of any help?

http://www.ian.a.paterson.btinternet.co.uk/Equipment/Artillery/sexton_inside.jpg

http://www.military39-45.freeuk.com/update04/sexton.htm

Looks like the Sexton was pretty sparse inside. Also looks as if the crew stood on the ammo boxes rather than having ready use racks. I always wondered why images of Sextons moving always seem to have a couple of the crew standing up in them - now realise why - there's nowhere to sit inside the hull except for the gunner and driver.

Regards,

Charlie
  14. charliec

charliec Active Member

Is this of any help?

http://www.ian.a.paterson.btinternet.co.uk/Equipment/Artillery/sexton_inside.jpg

http://www.military39-45.freeuk.com/update04/sexton.htm

Looks like the Sexton was pretty sparse inside. Also looks as if the crew stood on the ammo boxes rather than having ready use racks. I always wondered why images of Sextons moving always seem to have a couple of the crew standing up in them - now realise why - there's nowhere to sit inside the hull except for the gunner and driver.

Regards,

Charlie
  15. lolson

lolson Member

THANK YOU! Pictures like these were exactly what I needed.
  16. lolson

lolson Member

THANK YOU! Pictures like these were exactly what I needed.
  17. lolson

lolson Member

UPDATE: The 3d modeling is done! Now on to the hard part... (I'll upload some pictures tomorrow)
  18. lolson

lolson Member

UPDATE: The 3d modeling is done! Now on to the hard part... (I'll upload some pictures tomorrow)
  19. lolson

lolson Member

DONE!(withthefirstpart)

As promised here is the finished 25 pounder and the interior. The interior will have floorboards that are not pictured.
    [​IMG]
  20. lolson

lolson Member

DONE!(withthefirstpart)

As promised here is the finished 25 pounder and the interior. The interior will have floorboards that are not pictured.
    [​IMG]