M1A1 Thompson build thread

Mousemuffins1

Apr 14, 2007
HMM. The M134 minigun is approx. 38" long, with 22" barrels. There are loads of photos about on the net, and i'll bet if you tried to contact an owner of one of the BB versions, they'd be quite happy to send you some photos. But anyway, back to the case in hand:

She's nearly finished, just a few more details, like the front sight, and she'll be ready for paint.

100D0598.jpg

100D0599.jpg

as you can see, I've gone for a 30round clip, an easy modification of the included 20, just add two holes to the length.

100D0597.jpg

I may tackle the Luger myself, but it'll be a scratchbuild, not downloadable.

*I'm thinking working toggle...*

Mousemuffins1

Apr 14, 2007
Nothing, You rotten sod. i've had an accident.:eek:ops:

is it finished yet?

How about now?

IwantoneIwantoneIwantone..... *runs in circles...*

johnflys2

Mar 28, 2007
Liverpool, NY
Nothing, I'm sorry to hear you overwrote your Luger files. I thought, finally I'll be able have a Luger and now................... I just hope you have the interest to go at it again.
John

Mousemuffins1

Apr 14, 2007
hmm. noticed you are doing the 1932 full auto version. Any chance of including the sideplate for the C96 as well, so it can be be built "standard" as well? I think I'll be doing that anyway, It's not a difficult leap.

any chance of one of these? my tommygun needs some freinds.

grenade-pinapple.jpg

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
i was planning on the c96 as well, ill have to go back through my references to see the differences aside from the clips, selecter and insets. i did the auto first because although i am very familiar with the c96 i did not know about the m712.im almost at test build. the luger i will return to when my disgust dies down a bit.

ltla9000311

Aug 14, 2008
Fresno, California
what can I say......

Dude, abso-freaking-lutely amazing!:eek: When I have more time/effort/drive/the will to build, I will attempt, I say ATTEMPT, to come up with something as nice as you have! Just one more thing to learn and refine in my life.:confused: Thank you for sharing!

Mousemuffins1

Apr 14, 2007
Parts? the only piece of the thompson not made from card is a small length of brass tubing to reinforce the cocking handle, so it wouldn't be accidently removed by an overenthusiastic admirer.

Or maybe you mean where to get the base model? The M1A1 Thompson is available from http://www.ecardmodels.com/shop

I'm going to add the last few pieces to it this week (I hope) so a few more photo's then.

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Okay, that's just crazy!

I've seen many "is that paper?" before, but seeing the process with all the tips...Yesh!:thumb:

We need a new icon...one for a Wayne's World "we're not worthy" reply! Would this be it? :inw:

{ I just found the "more" option! :p:razz:}

What made this especially appealing to me is that the thread is sytematic and detailed and about my favorite weapon!

I really didn't want to start another model, but now....

wall1

Regards,

The DC

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
I guess you could create talent by mixing patience with attention to detail. Not sure what the dosages are. :)

shiftdel

May 1, 2007
...on a sad note the luger has to be restarted. in a late night session i overwrote the file with another project. my disgust at myself is emense and will have to wait abit before i restart .

This is really sad, I use to do it too.

To avoid major damage, I also use to save each change on my models on a new file, so, if (when) I overwrite the most recent, I still have the last one. The only problem is that you end with several files of the same subject, but they can always be deleted after the model is done ;)

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
What can I say...

Dude, I so understand!

I don't have the equipment or software to design, so I haven't made this specific error, but I've lost photography and writing the same way, sometimes even after taking precautions. I really get how sick and angry at yourself you are feeling.

You are a very talented designer and your builds are truly inspirational. Nothing can return your lost time and effort, but you are unique in skill and talent to recover and reproduce.

It’s not much, maybe, but you’ll be back astounding us again, possibly even improving upon your most recent efforts, having been through it. I am certain of this.

My respect and shared regret,

The DC