M.t.b. 102 1/240

thewoodengraver

Nov 4, 2005
www.thewoodengraver.com
This is one part of Micromodels/Modelcraft set B1 British Fighting Ships. It is the MTB 102.
The kit did not come with the mast, flags, railing, radio box or hardware, I made them.
I drew the mast template as accurate as I could using reference photo's. I printed it then laminated two more pieces of cardstock onto the mast template then cut it out. The rigging was straight before I put the flags on...??? The flags I cut directly from a reference photo.
I used tiny straight pins for hardware, I cut the round off both sides of the pin head to resemble cleats...or whatever you call 'em.
I found a pic of the sky on Google, and the Ocean I found here...SOMEWHERE. I printed the Ocean on plain paper, then crumpled it into a little ball, then unfolded it 95%, sprayed with a clear gloss. I used the computer to airbrush the wake, but that is all. More pics next post.

I ain't skeered!

No , I ain't skeered! he he he :grin:

About the dedication to your site; did you suffer a traumatic brain injury?

I did, back on Oct 7, 1987 at 12:01 am

As you can see, it is something I will never forget. Although I don't remember most of what happened.
It changed my life forever, I even had to learn to talk again, but there is nothing I cannot do! ('cept maybe standing back flips!) :grin:

Russell

thewoodengraver

Nov 4, 2005
www.thewoodengraver.com
Yes Russel I did have a TBI on in 1981. I was passanger in a Mazda GLC that slammed head on into a parked (thank God) Mobile Home. I had to re-learn just about everything. Back then,there was no therapy for TBI so I had to figure it out on my own. I still have extreme difficulty with speech and word finding. But, like you Russel, there is nothing I cannot do.
I tried one of those standing back flips once...OUCH. I lost my Cat-like properties, did'nt land on my feet.
Thank you for commenting Brother.

eibwarrior

Dec 17, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Nice job on both the ship and the water. Wow, I never thought paper water could turn out so realistic. Gives me some ideas on doing ship dioramas of all mediums using paper. That has to be easier than fooling with gels, plasters, or other materials for water.

Great job!

thewoodengraver

Nov 4, 2005
www.thewoodengraver.com
Thank you eibwarrior ! The image I used is on the thread called Ocean under the paper models wanted category. Very simple, but if you use a spray clear gloss you may want to rotate the ocean on all axis's (?) to keep the gloss from pooling too much. Also, I pasted part of the ocean onto the sky image then darkened it a bit to show a straight horizon. I placed the sky vertically and layed the ocean horizontally just below the printed horizon.