Lunar rover 1:48

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by wedge, Feb 4, 2008.

1. wedge

wedge Member

Now I´m working on this rover - it is the part of apollo 15 diorama. I must make some modifications on LM and of course the equipment that was cluttered around the landing site. The model is make from 3 different models :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ond of course SFME
  2. peaceglue

peaceglue New Member

Hi wedge,

which are three models you blended for that fantasic build?

Greeting from the spacefan
    peaceglue
  3. wedge

wedge Member

Hello , the first is the one I used for making this , but it is scale down for 1:48 :
    [​IMG]
    It is the model from ABC magazin in czech republic
    the second is this - it is freemodel that is made directly for LM in 1:48
    [​IMG]
    and the third is another freemodel that I´m going to use for my wheels http://www.mos95b.com/Moon Port/
    But some parts I must make myself...

SFME
  4. peaceglue

peaceglue New Member

Hello wedge,

i'm very happy to see, that you can use some parts (frame so far i see) of my construction (the second one) for your fantastic model. It was the first try of constructing a papermodel.

I think the wheels and their connection with the frame would be a real challenge in that scale. I wish you the very best!

I'm waiting without patience for more pics at the building process.

Friendly peaceglue
  5. wedge

wedge Member

I´m happy to see , that you are happy :-D so thank you for your construction very much. It gave me the inspiration for the diorama - so you are the origin of the idea :oops:
    If it was your first construction , so you have my respect :thumb:
    The wheels should be easy , because I´m going to do it very simply...no complicated construction hamr

SFME
  6. peaceglue

peaceglue New Member

Hi wedge,

in one of your pics about the LEM, i've seen a little a little austronaut, i don't know wether it's plastic or something else. My second construction is an astronaut in 1:48 out of paper (the body is a little bit clumsy constructed, but it is okay, i think).

If you want to have a look at this little moonwalker, let me know, if he satisfies your high requirements feel free!

Friendly peaceglue
  7. wedge

wedge Member

It will be very , very kind of you:) The little astronaut on my picture is from some playset , but i was wondering if i can make some from the paper :) I´m very interested in your astronaut , and I will be very happy if you will share it with me :) At least , it can be good basis for other improvement :)

Thank´s again - here is my e-mail : fry.j@seznam.cz :wave:
  8. gpw

gpw Member

Hy wedge, hy peaceglue,

were can I get this nice 'freemodel' (the second) you are talking about? Is it with instruction? The third from Carl I already downloaded, but this is without instruction. I tried to build it but I had to give up. Unfortunately I am not as talented as you.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Gerd
  9. peaceglue

peaceglue New Member

Hello Gerd,

if you want i can send the my constructed LRV as an file, the instructions too. But the instruction are with a little bit text and handdrawn pictures. So you need some phantasy to build it.

And beware: Even the best build of my construction do not reach the build of wedge! It's a rough copy (very rough) from the build of wedge.

When you still want this, let me know per PN!
  10. gpw

gpw Member

Hi Peaceglue,

thats really nice :) , PM is on the way. The kit will round up my Apollo and Lunar landing models. I will try to build the rover as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot :thumb:

Gerd
  11. wedge

wedge Member

:inw: This mean very much for me :mrgreen: i feel like a hollywood star :rofl:
  12. peaceglue

peaceglue New Member

Hello wedge,

pay attention with your statements, there are lot of people who believe that the moonlanding is a fake.
  13. wedge

wedge Member

I know lot of them...everyday in my job , they are making jokes of me :-D But they are not serious :-D It is always "americans didn´t landed on the moon anyway :-D (sorry for my english again :-D )
  14. peaceglue

peaceglue New Member

Hi wedge,

did you got an email? I'm curious about your opinion and if you can use "him"?

BTW: Don't apologize always your "bad" english, think always: if your are able to communicate in an other language then your native one, you have more capabilities then a lot of other peoples.

Englisch is not my native language, too, but i've not the impression that we are misunderstanding ourselves always.
  15. wedge

wedge Member

Sorry , if you didn´t get the reply for your e-mail...don´t know why . I think , that it is usable for me :) maybe a can do some modifications like a fotorealistic textures and some others :) But your model is very good base :)
  16. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I work with a couple of guys who also believe that the moon landings were fake. :cry: It doesn't help that NASA lost the original films of the moon landings! :curse:
  17. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

--Was that all paper? Nice metallic effects on such a small scale!!
  18. wedge

wedge Member

Hello Lex. Yes - it is all made from paper (except the antena) . I´m using humbrol 11 and some silver pen :)
  19. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Wedge,

That is an outstanding job.

The fenders appear to be real metal, and the "tires" look excellent.
  20. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

That's so cool!! Great Stuff!!!