LTEX decals???

CAS

Apr 10, 2005
Chicago, Illinois
How about just printing your own decals. Purchase the white decal sheets, print the outline in red. The white would be from the decal paper itself.

Thats what im gonna try to do, when i'm ready to print some decals.

CAS

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
I've actually considered approaching Rail Graphics or the like, for a run of different lease decals, including LTEX, NREX, GATX, CEFX...

I have an SD40T-2 lined up right now for a Cannon cab & nose, to become a LTEX unit.

65GASSER

Jun 12, 2006
Malvern, AR
Everytime I see one of these units it makes me think its just this guy Larry, in a shop restoring motive power. How sweet would that be? Plus I love the simple gloss black and angled white LTEX lettering. I'm going to make a small fleet of these. GP's, SD's and a few F units. Also some SW1500's that I have laying around. May redo the GATX units I painted awhile back to this scheme. :thumb:

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
The black unit looks pretty nice,but those converted UP engines look like they have put in a lifetime worth of work!

Chris

65GASSER

Jun 12, 2006
Malvern, AR
Yeah, that takes patch work to a new level. If you look up all of LTEX pictures on railpictures.net, it shows a few shots of the locos waiting to be rebuilt. They have quite the fleet of ragged looking junkers!

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
Ltex

I go by Larry's everyday (it's on our mainline in McDonald, Ohio). I have yet to see 2 engines painted the same! I would say almost any block lettering would work, or even woodland scenics dry transfers.

Attachments

• ltexresized.jpg
    ltexresized.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 57
  • ble_832resized.jpg
    ble_832resized.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 78

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Will this work? http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&Type=Product&ID=83627

The lettering on the units look like block letters. I believe these sheets have different sized letters and numbers so you could put a larger red letter on then cover it with a slightly smaller white letter to get the red border around the white letter. I think Microscale offers the same letters in the same colors in decal rather than dry transfer form, but they don't list it on their web page.

I didn't notice csxengineer's post before I did this one. I noticed his post, but when there's pictures who reads? I also noticed when checking Microscale's web page that they will do custom decal runs, but I think you would have to buy a lot more than you would need for anybody to do a custom run. I doubt that anyone would do the set up to do a custom decal in order to print out one sheet.

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
How about this, done with testors decal maker:
ltex.bmp

24 available per sheet, enough for 12 engine sides