Lost Threads

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
Has anyone noticed that some of the threads that they have posted have vanished? Case in point -Scoobyloven's thread with the heading of Long time no work, or something like that. There were several comments posted on this thread, and poof they are gone :cry: , I know that a few more threads that i have been following, comments have vanished. Any ideas where they may have gone. I dont mind ,accidents do happen, i am just policing this site on my own and hopefully its not under attack by an outsider.. Has anyone else encountered this problem. I believe the thread mentioned had more comments on it than it does. I remeber posting to it. The post was meaningful to me because of my loss at home as well.
Thanx again for being friends.:thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
You are correct, this thread had more comments then there are now. I know both N Gauger and myself had comments there and they are now gone.

Time for some detective work 'cause as of now, only administrators and moderators can delete posts.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be back and let you know if I find anything.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
With the server running slower these days, it seems easier to generate duplicates of threads for some reason - usually the software checks if you have posted the same thing within the last minute or so.

Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
OK, mystery solved. As Andrew said, there were duplicate threads, both had replies. The second one was way down the bottom of the page. Now there is only one thread with all the posts from both.

Since we are experiencing server problems, duplicate threads and posts are becoming more frequent. The Gauge staff will delete duplicates as we find them and merge threads where there are replies to both. These duplicate posts are a result of it taking so long to refresh a screen, that the person posting hits the "submit reply" button a second time. Normally the second post won't be accepted, but it will allow it if the time difference is long enough.

Again, we ask that you bear with us while Peter attacks this bandwidth problem so we can get back up to full speed again.:wave:

Thanks for your patience.:thumb: :thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
hooknlad said:
Don - Have I told you lately that you are my hero??? Thanx for getting to the bottom of this. I had all the faith in the world in you....
:eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: Thank you kind sir, just doing what I get paid to do.... <whisper, whisper> Eh!!! What's that you say????, Sheesh, all right, no pay but lots of fun and other rewards.:D :D :D :D

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
One problem I've run into is that sometimes you hit the reply button and nothing seems to happen. You sit and stare at the computer, and it doesn't even indicate that the submit button was activated, then you hit the submit button a second time, and suddenly you get two posts.