Lord of the Rings Kits?

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by A C Spectre, Feb 1, 2005.

1. A C Spectre

A C Spectre New Member

Ever since the movies came out I've pondered some of the great modelling possibilities on this subject. I have searched extensively for anything on this but have found only a small amount of products. I think the card modelling medium is perfectly suited for some of the buildings from the film, Helm's Deep, Orthanc, Minas Tirith, Edoras et al. I realize that there are licensing considerations that must be addressed before anyone can go out and design something like this to sell, but does anyone know whether there are any kits like this on the market?

I've dabbled with trying to scratchbuild a Hobbit home but haven't made much progress due to my limited skill level. Just wondering if there was anyone else out there with similar interests.

A C Spectre
  2. Joseph

Joseph Member

3. A C Spectre

A C Spectre New Member

Joseph,
    Thanks, I actually did some more digging after my original post and came across this website (it's now in my favorites). I definitely plan to build the available models there. I also sent an email telling them some of the ideas I wanted to try and model. Hopefully there will be some new stuff forthcoming.

A C Spectre
  4. Joseph

Joseph Member

I would love the whole Minas Tirith :lol:
    Or even better, Osgiliat...
  5. A C Spectre

A C Spectre New Member

I would definitely love to model The Citadel of Minas Tirith as well as the city of Osgiliath. Besides that, Orthanc and Mordor offer some unique modelling possibilities and I still have this deep seated desire to do a Hobbit Home.

The possibilities are almost to numerous to mention. Weathertop, Rivendell, Lothlorien, Moria, Minas Morgul etc... etc... We can only hope!!

A C Spectre