Looks Like We're Moving!

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Well, after having our house listed for about a week, it sold.

So, with slightly mixed feelings, it looks like we'll be on the move soon. We had outgrown our little house, and have gotten a newer one with LOTS more room...over 2000 square feet more, which includes a large ready-to-go train room.

Finally! Somewhere to actually have a dedicated workbench, rather than the kitchen table.:)

Still out in the sticks, so no high-speed internet for us.;)

So, before long, I'll likely be posting trackplan questions, as I'm looking to revamp and improve on my layout.

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
Well done Steve, Nice to sell after only a week. We sold our house last year after having it listed for almost 5 months during what turned out to be Victoria's hottest market to date, with, what turned out to be a very Incompetent realter (actually a listing agent):mad: :mad: :mad: ,who we FIRED and, after we listed with another Agent, sold in 9 days. (BTW, that Listing agent was fired from the realty firm shortly afterwards:) :D :) :D)
Great to have a new house with lots of layout space. :) :cool:
Keep us posted.
Cheers!

Terry

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Glad to hear that Steve. Good luck in your move, it has to be tramatic, but something to look forward to. We did it four years ago, but had both our home and business to move. Even after holding a couple of yard sales, and practically giving things away, we still had more to move than we wanted, and we did it all ourselves. I don't advise that and wouldn't do it that way again, so I don't envy you in that respect, but I do in the other. Wow, your own train room, cool, 2000 sq. ft. more, terrific.....

Terry,

that's unfortunate that you got a hold of a dud. I was in real estate for a short while and marketing a house is not that difficult, but you have to want to do it. I did it because I had to, but there were others in our office that were basically retired and did it just to get out of the house and have a place to hang around for a few hours. Sounds like you hooked up with one of those....

Don

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
That sure was a fast sale. What size is the new train room?

About 20 years ago we sold our house to go into motel management. A friend realter put it on multiple listing on Wed. Friday was a holiday and Saturday it was sold. Other houses in the neighborhood had been on sale for months.

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Movin' On...

Terry;
Sorry to hear about that experience. As though listing, buying and moving aren't already stressful enough.... :(

Don;
Well, I'm not terribly looking forward to the actual moving process, but the end result should be worth the hassle. You're quite right; there will be a lot of junk to get rid of. :D

Dick;
Glad it went well for you! The train room is about 15 by 20 feet. That's way more than I currently need, as I intend to go slowly, and do a better job of completing things I start. :rolleyes:

Chris;
The new place is still out on an acreage, about 3 and a third acres. Out here away from Toronto, a 30 minute drive puts you in the wilderness, not downtown!! (Okay...that depends on which way you're headed... :D )

Mike;
I'll let you know! At the very least, you'll have to come over and offer suggestions. ;)

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Congratulations on the new house!

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear about the move.

Wow, 15' x 20' for the train room.

That's just over 2/3 of my whole basement! :eek:

The train corner is only about 8' x 8'....

And the 3.333333 acres gives you lots of room to expand in the future.

A nice heated stable with a few stalls for horses and the rest for trains.... Ahhh, now that's a nice dream.... :D