Looks familiar?

DanRaitz

May 30, 2002
Maricopa, AZ, USA
I been woking on paint schemes for my private leasing company "DRLX" and when I did this one, it struck me that I had seen something every similar on the prototype RR's. But, I have racked my brain and can't recall which RR or Demo unit had a scheme very much like it. So I thought to throw it out to you guy's.

And no it's not the Frisco scheme.

Dan

Attachments

• DRLX #2201.jpg
    DRLX #2201.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 16

Triplex

Aug 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The color separation also reminds me of BN SD70MACs. Soo had nothing like this.

Being reminiscent of several real railroads isn't a bad thing. It makes it realistic, as railroads tend to use familiar paint scheme elements.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
The color separation lines are reminiscent of a lot of paint schemes I've seen on short lines and leasing companies. I think the classic EMD shape lends itself to just such color separation lines, and being straight line they are easy to mask. I don't know if there is an exact prototype for the scheme you came up with, Dan; but I think that scheme is near perfect for a leasing company livery.

Triplex

Aug 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Are you planning to bash an SD30? It's an often-mentioned "could have been" loco. More serious a "could have been" than some, for this design was actually ordered by Kennecott Copper! EMD wouldn't make only one unit, and KCC got the last SD24 instead.