Looking to start a local club.

Brewer

Jan 19, 2005
BNSFtheLeader said:
Well there is to much to write but if your interested please let me know or if you have any better suggestions please let me know. this is a pulmonary inquiry to see if there would be enough persons interested to even start one.
Now if you insist on making a pulmonary inquiry, my cholesterol is much better now that I'm exercising and losing a little weight...

Sorry, but somebody had to do it! :D

Good luck with the club.

At the risk of sounding like a whiner, when I read that post all I am hearing is stuff about $$, square footage, etc. Way too formal.
Our N Trak club is a good solution for startup. No dues, no building to rent. We just meet in a member's garage 2x a month. Once you get enough people together on a regular basis you can depend on, then it will be easier to advance to the next level of a club with a permanent home.

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything, but since ddavidv brought it up, it sounds more like the local dentists setting up a Limited Partnership rather hobbyists getting together to share their interests and do something fun.

Get the fun stuff going. All that other stuff, if needed, will fall into place later.

Wayne

Added:

The first and only model RR club I was ever involved with started with informal meetings in a chuch basement, in a room that, in time became the layout room. The early meetings, as I recall, were discussions, movies, clinics, etc. Just a sharing of knowledge, some fun and getting to know each other. The actual organizing with bylaws, etc somehow seemed to happen painlessly as time went on. I had to move from the area shortly after the club really got rolling but I think its success came from its structure that grew from the membership rather than inserting members into a structure.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Have you been to the ones in (near) Hollywood and at Deerfield Beach?
Both are located right at the Tri-Rail stations.
The one in Deerfield is AT the Deerfield Beach Station, seemed to be nice guys at both places.
Then again, I was just visiting and wasn't paying any mind to the political, or other B.S.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Our club started out as a couple guys meeting at the local hobby shop. The first layout was built in the back room--just had to go thru the shop to get there, "Say is that the new CF7 from Athearn? ;) " Then they had to move from there to their present location, a converted welding shop. The dues are still $12 a month twelve years later. Let it come to you in time or you'll be stuck with a lease for long green that nobody'll want a part of.