Looking forward to Spring already!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Now that Winter is almost upon us (some of us to the North have already been shoveling!) its easy to wish for warmer temps and getting back to outdoor activities like watching the local ball club at the stadium across the tracks. The St. Paul Saints actual stadium that inspired this model has two busy tracks right behind the home run wall. Engineers blow their horns and the crowd waves and blow hand held wooden train whistles back. Great fun! Hmmmm, seems to be a lot of sun reflecting off that metal grain bin! :)
Ralph

Attachments

• ballfield3.jpg
    ballfield3.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 126

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Nice photo Ralph, yes, it's damn cold over here in the UK, been -6 just the last few days where I live.

Shamus
wink.gif

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Thanks guys,

Its been interesting to take pics of my layout. They objectively show me how things look and what needs improvement. The light towers, for example could use transformer boxes, and some of the ads on the wall are a little crooked, things I hadn't noticed before. Pictures are also telling me that I really want a digital camera! The photo above was a compromise in trying to capture the ball field without fuzzing up the buildings in the background. I've gotta get one! :)
Ralph

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Ralph: I quoted this before. John Allen took a photo of Cliff Grandt's new loco and blew it up and told him "everyplace you can look at the photo and tell that it's not the prototype is an opportunity to improve your modelling." (Cliff later started Grandt Line.)
I can't really tell, though; your prototype might be a bit off. It looks good to me.