Looking For...the Milwaukee Road

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
Feb 7, 2004
Mississippi, USA
Does anyone know of any card models of Milwaukee Road engines or equipment for sale or free? Working on a HO shelf layout of the Milwaukee area and doing most of the buildings models in card. Would like to have some card models of engines, etc. for the layout. THANKS - Rich

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
Feb 7, 2004
Mississippi, USA
Does anyone know of any card models of Milwaukee Road engines or equipment for sale or free? Working on a HO shelf layout of the Milwaukee area and doing most of the buildings models in card. Would like to have some card models of engines, etc. for the layout. THANKS - Rich

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
Feb 7, 2004
Mississippi, USA
This is a current photo of my MILWAUKEE ROAD Shelf Layout. My goal is to do as much of the layout as possible in card models and paper. The backdrop buildings are prints from photos of the Milwaukee skyline. The wall and shelter are by Scalescenes.com. They have great OO/HO and N size card models. The layout is "U" shaped and is over 13' long and 18" wide. I'm still looking for card models of large Oil Storage Tanks, Milwaukee Road engines, MR rolling stock and a Great Lakes Train Car Ferry.

THANKS - Rich

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
Feb 7, 2004
Mississippi, USA
This is a current photo of my MILWAUKEE ROAD Shelf Layout. My goal is to do as much of the layout as possible in card models and paper. The backdrop buildings are prints from photos of the Milwaukee skyline. The wall and shelter are by Scalescenes.com. They have great OO/HO and N size card models. The layout is "U" shaped and is over 13' long and 18" wide. I'm still looking for card models of large Oil Storage Tanks, Milwaukee Road engines, MR rolling stock and a Great Lakes Train Car Ferry.

THANKS - Rich

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

DeWayne

Jan 18, 2004
Kentucky, USA
www.teuton.org
I can think of two things you will really need to have on your layout. Something representing Milwaukee Iron (HD) and some Blatz Brewery buildings :)

Days of my misspent youth. I like what you are doing and where you are going with this. I haope to have my next one this far along come spring. Working on a new roof first.

DeWayne

DeWayne

Jan 18, 2004
Kentucky, USA
www.teuton.org
I can think of two things you will really need to have on your layout. Something representing Milwaukee Iron (HD) and some Blatz Brewery buildings :)

Days of my misspent youth. I like what you are doing and where you are going with this. I haope to have my next one this far along come spring. Working on a new roof first.

DeWayne

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
Feb 7, 2004
Mississippi, USA
Thanks, I sure like the BLATZ idea! If I can't find any buildings, I'm sure that I can find a few BLATZ train cars and some Milwaukee Iron signs. Rich

f3_1_b.jpg
mi.gif

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
Feb 7, 2004
Mississippi, USA
Thanks, I sure like the BLATZ idea! If I can't find any buildings, I'm sure that I can find a few BLATZ train cars and some Milwaukee Iron signs. Rich

f3_1_b.jpg
mi.gif

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
Feb 7, 2004
Mississippi, USA
Update of Milwaukee Road layout as I continue work on the paper card retaining walls.
Paper tracks in place to assist in structure placements.
Now working on the card model of a viaduct for right side of layout.

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Hey Rich,

Check out this site, http://www.scalescenes.com

John just joined out forum, and he has a lot of really neat stuff for you RR guys, but also for us diorama guys.

I want to welcome him again to the site and Thank him for donating some prizes for Yaniv & my competition!

He is working on those oil storage tanks you asked about a while back!

john

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
Feb 7, 2004
Mississippi, USA
Thanks!

The model I just completed and posted a picture of is from Scalescenes.

John makes really nice models and they are downloadable
so you can print out as many sections as needed for your layout or diorama.

They also come in different brick colors and textures.

WELCOME ABOARD JOHN!