looking for info on 1970's bachmann gp-40

Grotto

Hi
I'm looking for info on 1970's bachmann gp-40, and any info on quality, value or useability would be appreciated.

gp-40
"EMD" Diesel
CP rail
Made in Hong Kong.
Unused and still in original box with styrofoam.
Thanks.
Grotto.

MilesWestern

I would say from My expirence with that particular engine, it's better off as a paperwieght for your desk, unfortunately! :( I wish it wasn't so, why are you intrested in it? Does it hold some special significance for you?

Grotto

IT holds none at all, as I am into N scale . I recently was given an old HO train set that came withtwo loco's, a circle and various cars. To be honest I was hoping to trade it in to a local hobby store towards a new N scale loco which I really need. It's tto bad as it is in unused shape. Any idea on its trade in value?

MilesWestern

I'm thinking based on trainshow value, about $1-$10 depending on who you buy from, so keep that in mind, if you wish to trade that in, if the hobby shop will accept it at all. :(

On the otherhand, what engine do you desprately need? ;)

Russ Bellinis

I don't think Bachmann built anything better than toy trains before the late 1980's or early 90's. What you have is pretty much a worthless toy. The freight cars are probably way too light with talgo trucks and the locomotive probably has one truck that actually drives the loco and the other is just a dummy with electrical pick up.