Looking for Hako...

archangel1

Evening, all!

Anybody know where to get the Danica Patrick Hako figure by Butch Price, as shown on Webdude's site? The original host no longer exists, unfortunately.

Cheers,
Mike :wave:

archangel1

I have Version 3.0 along with many other Hako models. Anything else you might be looking for?

Hi, sorry for the delay in answering. Had to have a nap. Getting old, you know! ;-)

I do have a fair number of Hako models (Star Trek, Superheroes, monsters, etc. Wonder if anyone has ever compiled a list of what's out there in Hako?) but this one caught my eye in passing. I would appreciate it if you could send it to me. Do you want me to PM you?

Thanks,

CK Styles

PM would be great. I will send it to you. A list would be a great idea. I also have been creating my own Hakos as well, based on several other modelers templates etc. I'll send a list of what I have. Would you be willing to do the same? I'll bet we have more out there we'd want from one another!

archangel1

Quite willing to send you a list but, first, I'll have to search on a couple of my backup DVD's for older downloads. Ran out of space! I'll PM you shortly.

Cheers,

rowiac

I'm not sure if you guys are aware of it, but the Google Groups group "CardModels4Fun" has a lot of hakos in the files section. It looks like there haven't been any new uploads since March 2007 though. From what I remember, Butch Price started this group specifically for hakos on the old SmartGroups site, and then migrated it over to Google Groups after SmartGroups self-destructed.

http://groups.google.com/group/cardmodels4fun?hl=en

Apologies if this is a site you already know about. But even so, maybe the link will be useful to someone new who wants to build simple figure models.

Roger

CK Styles

Thanks Roger. Yes, I have pulled all of those models for download. It is a good site to get some quality HAKOS. I do have quite a few from the group you can't find on there groups board.

Still looking for Danica? I can send her if you would like.
Smartgroups detonated, so I moved CardModels4Fun to GoogleGroups.
Unfortunately, the file system there really bites.
I have been moving all my own hakos to a 4shared server.
I stopped posting them to Papermodels after the reception from some members was rather cold.
To the moderators, is it acceptable to post my hakos in this forum? Don't want to generate any angst. Some folks seem to be offended by the little characters.

Best regards,
ButchPrice

archangel1

Still looking for Danica? I can send her if you would like.
Smartgroups detonated, so I moved CardModels4Fun to GoogleGroups.
Unfortunately, the file system there really bites.
I have been moving all my own hakos to a 4shared server.
I stopped posting them to Papermodels after the reception from some members was rather cold.
To the moderators, is it acceptable to post my hakos in this forum? Don't want to generate any angst. Some folks seem to be offended by the little characters.

Best regards,
ButchPrice

Hi, ButchPrice

Thank you, but I was able to get a copy. CK Styles was kind enough to send me one. Hope you able to find a new home for your figures. It appears you have a few more that would be of interest.

Cheers,

Kirok

Star Trek hakos

I'll work on my list tonight. Talk to ya soon.
we had an explosion of Star Trek, Original Series, Hako Crew for our 12 Trek Days of Christmas. Professor Plastik, Steve Marshall and Lord Grey Tiger rose to the challenge of supplying 11 Trek Hakos to go with Ron Caudillo's Hako Bridge.

They are all still linked from the 12 Days webpage and if you want the original Hakos from back in '05 (?) they available as a rather large pdf from Jon Leslie's LHVGS site, if you go to the bottom of his Sci Fi models page, click on the link to the Hako bridge then click on crew.

Have fun! G'Day, Butch!

Cheers everyone

Kirok of L'Stok

CK Styles

Very nice. I am in download mode now! Butch, good to see you here. Hope it was ok I mailed one of your models to archangel1!!! They are just way to fun to build.

Kirok

Uh, No ...

Very nice. I am in download mode now! Butch, good to see you here. Hope it was ok I mailed one of your models to archangel1!!! They are just way to fun to build.
LOL! No, I'm not Butch Price - I made a couple of the original Hako designs and I wanted to give a "tip of the hat" to where the idea came from. There's been some significant developments on the original design recently with articulated joints.

I've included single page designs in different pdf fanzines I've published but when it comes to producing good-looking downloads, the best I've ever seen are the ones done by Clever Santoro Lopes of Brazil. His NX-01 is beautifully published and includes detailed plans, although his last page is upside-down. His downloading system is a bit, um, idiosyncratic, but it is well worth persevering with.

A complete package like this makes it a really "value-added" product. Anyone producing original content would do well to give them a look.

Cheers

Kirok of L'Stok

CK Styles

lol, Thanks man. I need to finish up this EPSON F1 car before I get to crazy in to the HAKO's again! I do have a few originals as well (Silver Surfer, Mr Fantastic, Sue Richards, Ben Grimm, Rambo, Will Ferrel as the "cheerleader" guy, Sayid from lost-I'm working on all the LOST characters. Pretty much all are based on Butch or Massamune designs with my own texturing and alterations. I do like the HAKO 2.0 models out there as well. Pretty unique.

I don't have anything from Santoro of Brazil. Any idea how to get a hold of his works?

C

cgutzmer

Zealot would be happy to host any models given permission of the designer :) In fact we encourage it!
Chris

gchucky

I was going to make a more formal announcement over at the Cardmodels4fun group but I will make a casual one here. I have modified my Hako nutcrackers to be full working. I'm still building the Beta 3 version (so no pic) but the jaw mechanics is working fine.

Chucky

Amazyah

Hakos are cool! Fun, simple, quick builds!
I like the "Brick Boys" too! They are pretty much the same type of model.

Like Chris said, we will host them here for you, if you would like to, Butch. And Chucky too!
yes_3_cut.gif

Russell

CK Styles

Hey Chucky, I look forward to the mods on the nutcrackers. The more the better! Butch, Your models are great and a blast to work on. I have used a few of your designs and re-textured for new characters. Not sure if anyone knows of the Preacher comic book series from teh mid-nineties, but I am currently working on all / most of the characters from that and plan to release them all at once. The series is a bit, shall I say, macabe, but is really well done.