Looking for Gatchaman godphoenix

Getter1

Hello everybody, I'm new here and to the world of paper modeling as well. I'm wondering if anybody knows where I can find a model of the phoenix from Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets.

GEEDUBBYA

Hello Getter1,

First let me welcome you to the forum, glad you found us, we all like to meet new ppl here. I know the Phoenix and zoltar from the crab nebula and 7-zark-7 etc.... But, I dont know of any models of any of them.
However, I did find a pic that shows it pretty well, it doesnt look too terrible tough if someone wanted to try to build one.

anyway, maybe someone will take an interest in it and build a model. Have a good day and welcome to the forum again,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA (GW)

Getter1

Hey Greg, thanks for the welcome. I'm mostly a plactic modler so I'm on a heck of a learning curve. I got hooked on the paper kits after I found a Starfox Arwing kit in an old Nintendo power and converted all the patterns to balsa wood. My addittion to paper has grwon considerably since.

I found a paper model of the Phoenix at the link below, but when I followed the link in the page I cannot find where to download it anywhere. I can't read any language other than english so I'm not sure if I'm missing it anywhere or if it's no longer up for download :(

http://www.3dpapermodel.com.tw/

Getter1

GEEDUBBYA said:
Howdy again getter1,

What is the link where you looked for the download itself?

greg

Sorry bout that, the link above is to the main page. Go to cartoons page 5. The link to the Phoenix is there.

GEEDUBBYA

Its me again lol,

Ok you have to join the msn group and wait for the application to be approved or denied. I have applied and waiting for the email right now, as soon as I get approved, I will get back with you on the model. You might apply yourself, never can belong to too many forums.

Greg

GEEDUBBYA

Hello getter1,

Ok, i joined the site that shows the phoenix model, and using www.google translator tools (right side of search text box "language tools") I translated the page and couldnt make heads or tails of it.
BUT! have no fear, I looked up the designer or the person posting the model and emailed him. Since He is in taiwan, I asked him how to aquire the model in both english and googles version of chinese (since chinese is spoken in taiwan).
So, if you do not hear of an international incident concerning an american emailing a taiwanese national in the news, then that means the google chinese version was ok.
But, just as soon as he replies to my email, I will post here again and let you know what I found out. Hopefully he will either tell me how to d/l the model or send it via email, in which case, I will ask him for permission to send it to you also.

Have a nice day,

Greg

Ziga

Hello everyone,

I am interested in that model as well. It was the first thing I ever designed and build in paper (I was like 10 or 11, I don't remember exactly). It looked more or less (rather less) like the Phoenix and it even had a sort of docking bay for Mark's fighter (I guess Mark was the one who was flying a sort of a jet fighter).

Best regards,
Kaz

A

ARMORMAN

My brother would like one of these, so keep me posted as well.

B

Getter1

Well Geedubbya did get some reply but it was in Chineese. As far as I know this maybe a dead end. Perhaps someone else can try to contact the designer??? Personally I wouldn't know where to begin.

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Getter,

Yes I did get in touch with the designer, but, the reply was in chinese and my computer doesnt have chinese fonts and so alot of it came out squares and circles and other symbols. If you or anyone would like the designers email you can email me at GEEDUBBYA@prodigy.net and I will give it to you ( I despise giving out other peoples emails in public forums, its just not nice lol) and you can email him or maybe find someone who could email him for you. He lives in taiwan, so the language is more than likely chinese since taiwan was known as ROC (republic of china).
But be prepared for an email reply that will leave you scratchin your head.

Have a good evening,

Greg

R

rickstef

try using babelfish to copy the email in the translation box

and select simplified chinese

Rick

GEEDUBBYA

Thanks rick,

I passed the email addy on to getter to let him have a go at it. I am sure he will read your post too.

have a good evening,

Greg aka GW

Getter1

Well guys I got good news and bad news. I wrote the guy and I got a response in a blank e-mail with an atached file (I'm assuming he knew what I was asking for and sent the file). However AOL won't let me download the file because it can't display or read the file name correctly (just looks like random symbols).

Anyone got any suggestions???

R

rickstef

forward it to an email where you can download it correctly, and open it

hotmail, yahoo, gmail, stuff like that

or forward it to a friend who can open it

Rick

Getter1

Today is a goood day!!! :D

I logged into my AOL account through Internet exlporer and was able to view the file there. Now I have it on my PC. Mission acomplished.

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Getter,

Glad to hear it!, Of course you know you will now have emails wanting it too lol :lol: Well, I am glad things worked out for ya. I will talk to ya abit later, Now all you need is a seven-zark-seven model lol (thats the robot from the same show for those of you who dont know).

have a good day,

Greg

g force papermodel

Hello i read your post on the phoenix model from g force i been fight with that site to download the model for week, i try e-mailing but never got a reply
if anyone has the file for that model and can send it to me i started watching the show back in the seventy i start recording it on demand now that it back again my e mail allhallowseve31@yahoo.com

thank you !!

ps and if any know were to find an Airwolf papermodel from the tv show airwolf or johnny 5 or a hako-clone optimues prime model let me know

again thanks

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy allhallowseve,

Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you here. I am sure that getter will be happy to email you the plans, unfortunately, he recently went thru hurricane dennis, but, all is well I heard from him this am and no damage to his home or family. He just got his power back on this morning.
But, I am sure he will see your post and get back with you.

have a nice day,

Greg aka GW