Looking for Design presevation in Canada

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I'm looking for a cheap mail order house here in Canada that carries Design Preservation buildings. I'm looking for The Harlee and Sons Cycle shop, The entertianment district and The Drywell Inks building. Anyone have any leads or should I just try the US mail order houses?

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Dave Cool (Can Express Lines, as per Will's post above) is pretty good. Also, going from Quebec to BC, you will only be charged GST, no prov sales tax, plus he ships Canada Post, so even a good size box will usually go for under $10.

'Course, with the strong Canadian dollar right now, US$35 is not bad either, as long as they don't ship by courier - they'll erase the savings with cross-border processing fees, and all kinds of other stuff.

Andrew

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I just got the prices back from Canadian Express line. His web page listed the kits that I wanted as 46-50$ Canadian. But he emailed me cack and told me the kits were in fact 61$. Now its better that I just go to Internet trains and order them out of California. But I'll still keep Canadian Express line in mind since they carry a number of Canada only items like Juneco.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Will, you'd think so. But my LHS told me that plastic has gone way up in price, and with the weaker US dollar that means US companies like DPM are raising their prices. Sometimes it seems like ya just can't win! :(

Val