Looking for "Black hole" models

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Getter1, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello everybody,

Does anyone know if there's any card models from the Disney movie The Black Hole???
  2. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

ok, I dont know of any "black hole" models, however, there is the site that I got the LAST STARFIGHTER "GUNSTAR" drawings from..... http://members.fortunecity.com/wendhausen/BRStarshipsv3/profile/blackhole/cygnus.htm
    Thwere are drawings and pics of starships from movies like: Buck Rogers, Battle beyond the stars, 2001 a space odessey, the black hole, battlestar galactica, star wars, space above and beyond, etc...etc......
    Speaking of the GUNSTAR........I was asked the otherday by another member here for these same drawings on this site. I was curious as to whether you have done anything more with your version of it or given up on it?
    Anyway, It is 5:30 am and I am on my way to work. Hope these drawings/pics help.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  3. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey Greg,

No haven't given up. I just got the file for the Gunstar back not too long ago (my hard drive crashed and had to be replaced a few months ago). Between work and the holidays I haven't got much of anything done on anything at all. I hope to get back on it soon, perhaps this weekend.

John
  4. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Good news and bad news

I am pretty darn sure that I have seen both a "VINCENT" model and the bad guy's ship...but for the life of me, I can't remember where....I'll search around fer ya!
  5. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello all,

For anyone intrested in the Gunstar progress I got a chance to get aquanted with the paper dragon program agian and the wings are now complete. All that's left is the weapon pods.

Attached Files:

6. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Gunstar design is complete. It consists of 83 parts. I think it came out fairly well considering the limitations of the design program. It builds things in a series of boxes but unfortunantly no curves.

Attached Files:

7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Here's a view from underneath.

Attached Files:

8. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

No Joy....:(

Sorry, Getter...the models I was thinking about are 3D computer models, not paper models...I'll keep an eye or two out for them though.

Pete
  9. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Well curves might look better than rectangles but it looks like you captured the essence of the ship pretty good.8)
  10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Doc,

Thanks for looking. If I get a chance I might design some myself.

Wilja,

I'm actually very suprised I did as well as I did on the Gunstar considering how much of it is curved. Shiryu is a very basic program. You have to get creative with it, but it can produce some neat models.

A show of hands, is anyone intrested in building the Gunstar? The Shiryu file format is strange so I would have to print it all out and scan the parts to a JPEG. That's the only way to get any surface details to it as well. The drawing tools in the program suck bad so detailing there would be an absolute nightmare!!!

John
  11. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I haven't built anything for awhile so I think I would enjoy a break from designing. Feel free to send it my way when you get it to that point.

Quick question: What is the file type and could it possibly be used in Rhino?
  12. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Will,

It's called a TMO file. I've sent some of these files to Keith who couldn't seem to get them to work. I don't know if you were following my thread on TMO files but I found a bunch of models in this format (the reason I bought the software in the 1st place), but still couldn't view the files. I tseems that if you don't have the software nothing will open it up???? I can send you the file if you want to try anyway. If not I'm gonna try and scan the parts I printed out within the next couple days.

John
  13. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Getter, I would love a copy of the gunstar when you get around to scanning it in! Love that movie :-D .
    Would be a great project for those times that the Missuori gets to frustrating!
  14. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I'll give it a try, I too loved the movie.

john
  15. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey guys,

I hope to have the rest of the parts cut out and scanned today.

John
  16. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Gunstar

Hey Getter....I'll give her a go!
  17. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

Hey you know I want a copy of the gunstar. You have my email. lol
    I am not sure when I will get to build it, these 14 hr days are beginning to suck........now I know why other members of management were always in foul moods lol.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  18. Niels

Niels Member

19. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey guys,

I got the Gunstar all scanned in and I'll start sending out the files. I included some pics from the design program for refrence too. This program builds the models from a series of boxes, then you just match up the numbered and lettered sides together.

John
  20. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Oh yeah those of you who wanted the file PM me your e-mail addys so I can get em out to ya.