Looking for a tiny tiny Chain

Ho Modeler

Apr 6, 2004
Fox Valley
Visit site
I am currently attempting to build and HO scale Sowell Steam Engine and am looking for parts.

I am looking for a really really really really tiny chain like on a bike except each chain link needs to be about 1/16" in width.

Any ideas on where to get one?

Eric

AIGI

May 24, 2004
Try MDC/Roundhouse, they have , in their part section, the chain they use on their Old time Tank cars (is used for the brake chain).

neilmunck

Feb 18, 2004
Glasgow, UK
www.gmts.org.uk
Do they need to be working?

It might be easier to do if the axles were powered via gear boxes rather than the chains and th chains were just along for the ride as with the MDC Shay line shaft.

Maybe you should suggest it to Bachmann. When they eventually get the Climax out they will be in need of some new ideas for logging engines :D :D

neil

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
When I needed chain I just went to a few garage sales and grabbed the cheap necklace jewlery that was on sale there. I needed it weathered so I dipped it in floquil rust and laid it out flat to dry. This would be a good idea if you are using it for looks, not function.

Ho Modeler

Apr 6, 2004
Fox Valley
Visit site
I think i might try the MDC chain to see if that would work

The chain does need to be functional because you can see under the bottom of the engine because it is up so high

I will also look into the bike chain. Good idea!

Anyone else have any ideas?
Eric