Looking for a free Corsair

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cgutzmer, May 15, 2007.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hello all!
    As some of you may have noticed I have not been building much lately. Two reasons for this - lack of time and feel its time for a change. I love card modeling but I want to try something new for a bit. I want to take a stab at doing a recolor. I plat IL2 Sturmovik 1946 and I have my own livery for my corsair. I want to try and do a recolor so I would like to find a freebie to try it out. Fiddlers Green has a decent one for purchase and failing being able to find a free download I will purchase this one. Penny saved is a penny earned though. Heck who knows - if the recolor goes well maybe Chip (pretty sure thats his name) will add it to the corsairs that come with the purchase.

Sooooo to make a long post just a bit longer, anyone know of a freebie out there?
    Thanks!
    Chris
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Here is my intended design.....
    [​IMG]
  3. putzes

putzes New Member

Chris,

Kancho offers a free download Corsair in 1/72. I didn't build it since I'm a fan of modern a/c only but the quality seems to be okay for this small scale.

Cheers, Old Rutz
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

that does look decent. has anyoen bult this that can take a couple pics for me? heck if anyone built a fiddlers green version and has some additional pics that would be cool too :)
    thanks
    Chris
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

whoops! Does - not doesnt :) heh heh - my bad editing that out! I started out saying that doesnt look bad then changed my mind ;)
  6. barry

barry Active Member

Corsair

DeWayne has a good one in 1/33
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

HE DOES???? Oh goody goddy goody!!!!!!! I am there :)
    Chris
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Darn, no pics :( I do so like a pic. I have never been disappointed with one of his models though. I will likely go that route - any pics would be appreciated if anyone has built one of them - otherwise thanks for pointing me right! I cant believe I didnt look at dewaynes site myself..... Feel free to smack me now!
    Chris
  9. barry

barry Active Member

Chris

Your wish is my command please remember this is my second plane I still have it cos I like it even if the build was rubbish

[​IMG]
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow! That's a real beauty, Barry!
    Hard to believe that was your second plane, very nice work, sir!

Russell
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hey that is pretty good! If my wish is your command then hear and obey! Recolor that puppy to my livery :p Thanks much though, I really appreciate it :D
    Chris
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Ohhhhh man - choices choices - he has one as 1:33 Vought F4U-1A_1 plus two at 1:50 a F4U-4 and F4U-1D The D is actually the model I fly in game so I will prolly go that route - or maybe get them all and pick after that - I have no willpower.... Darn thing is in new zealand livery though ;) no matter if I am recoloring though! HAH!
    Chris
  13. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

A corsair from GPM

GPM has a Corsair also in 1:33
  14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Well, he did state that he was looking for a free one!

If it wasn't for that fact, I would recommend Will's Corsair!

Russell
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

That is a nice one! If the model came in electronic format I would consider it. Thanks Dragos :D
    Chris
  16. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Third post in this thread :) Thanks though - I appreciate your looking for me :)
    Chris
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Barry,
    That is the very plane I am going to attempt to recolor. Is there any chance I could get a few more pics? straight on front, from back, each side, top and bottom? If you dont want to post them here you can mail them to me cgutzmer@gmail.com
    Just when you have time - dont go out of your way :D
    Thanks
    Chris
  19. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Chris,

Just a suggestion buddy, but I would edit your e-mail address a little so the bots and spiders don't pick it up.

Russell
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Nah,
    Its not a problem. I have it posted so many places its not a worry. I actually get very little spam for how much its out there. google does a good job filtering :)
    Chris