Looking for a Chinese Junk Ship model

Hi All,sign1

I have a special request.

I am looking for a real good Chinese Junk model.

Does anyone know of a free model or free model plans?

I havn't seen any around but I hoping for someone to have hid
one in an archive somewhere.

All links will be appreciated.

Thank You,

John

cygielski

You might want to change the title of this thread - at first I thought it was a complaint about the quality of Chinese products (models?) ;-)

gippolot

John, I found these many moons ago when I was looking for Chinese junk/architecture for my model. I have no idea where I found them. Probably a Russian site.

Best wishes with your project.

junk1.jpg

junk2.jpg

Andrew

Lex

Dollmaker
Just passing by... You might want to change the expression on the top post a bit.............. ^^

==Lex out==

dansls1

It's probably a sign of a dirty mind, but for a quick second I thought you were discussing Chinese 'man parts' - I was hesitant to click on the thread at first ;)

Amazyah

Just passing by... You might want to change the expression on the top post a bit.............. ^^

==Lex out==

How's that look Lex?
It never hit me as a problem but everyone is different and we aim to please.:mrgreen:

Russell

Lex

Dollmaker
Nice ;) Just thought the old one might look offensive to an outsider that's all.

--Now back to the topic.

confused people

re-worded by popular conjecture.

This thread happens to be posted in the ship & watercraft model section
because it is posted in this area I assumed that the readers here would aknowledge the fact that a Junk is a sailing vessel.

If the readers don't understand the questions involved they should just pass on without comment on title changing.

I wrote the title because that is what I was looking for. It didn't need to be changed.

To Gippolot = The prints you have posted on this thread is what I am looking for Thank You They are very good and verry clear.

To Bluenoser = Thanks Pal those prints will come in handy for my wood ship models. A friend wanted me to build him a 5 foot model of The America.

To Dansis1 = It's probably a sign of a dirty mind, but for a quick second I thought you were discussing Chinese 'man parts' - I was hesitant to click on the thread at first. You need a better english translator your's could be eronious.

To the Administer = Let them figure it out for themselves, don't change the title to something else. leave it as I just changed it.

Thank You.

John

gippolot

Thanks for that link Bluenoser.:thumb:

Stagecoach, I thought your request was pretty obvious. But I guess that demonstrates how quickly some once commonly used terms, can entirely change their meaning.

So Lex, I'm guessing "junk" these days has something to do with drugs, sex, or rock 'n roll? :mrgreen:

Andrew

gippolot

Ah, here it is.

I found this site a while back. from memory I posted a link here somewhere

StreetJunk.jpg

the site it came from is Á¾À̸ðÇü ÇÏ¿ìÆäÀÌÆÛ ... Áñ°Å¿î ¼¼»ó¿¡ ¿À½Å ¿©·¯ºÐÀ» ȯ¿µÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

Á¾À̸ðÇü HOWPAPER ³×À̹ö°ø½ÄÄ«Æä :: ³×À̹ö Ä«Æä

There were some pretty impressive models there. Currently there is a version of America. Though I don't know how accurate it is, or if it is a scratch build. If I figure out how to join and find the page again..., I'll post the link again.

Andrew

Just curious, does this post work?

tjchung

The HowPaper site is Korean. The Paper "Junk" shown in Gippolot's post is actually a Korean warship used during the Japanese invasion of 1492. You can see the shields lining the bulwarks.

The diagrams of the Junk posted above are actually of a Vietnamese river boat. Minor differences in stem and stern designs, different types of sail battens, etc.

still looking

yep,
after looking at the diagrams carefully you are right about the vietnamese
boat. I was there and because i was in the mountains i never saw their boats in the delta region.

as for the korean boat the sails should look more like that of the vietnam model.
The Howpaper site is a catalog ordering company that sells only to koreans.

I guess I will have to wait longer for more links.

John

nibel

Thanks Gippolot for posting teh drawing of Chinese junk. My mother ask me to build one and I have no idea how their hull actually looks like...

M

Mark_1984

For what it's worth, I'm not aware of any other likely meaning of A Chinese Junk - other than a Chinese sailing ship

Hey sjsquirrel,

I guess you are doing more then just burying your nuts for the winter. :thumb:
that plan is nice but the link on the top right side brought me to an even better set of plans with files attached. Thanks again for that link.

John

gippolot

I was watching an older episode of the television series "Scrubs", when the reference was made to "junk" and male genitals. I often put Scrubs on for background noise when I'm home alone.

Anyhoo, I now understand the reference Lex and Cygielski were referring to. Maybe I just haven't progressed past the 70's.

Andrew