Lookin out the office window

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
Here's a couple shots taken lookin out my office window. The first shot is us waiting for a westbound to clear so we can depart the yard, and the 2nd shot is a pic of an old bridge, I keep thinking one of thses days it will fall just as we pass under it! My office is the cab of a GE unit this day!! :wave: :D

Attachments

• HPIM6907 (Small).JPG
    HPIM6907 (Small).JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 141
  • HPIM7466 (Small).JPG
    HPIM7466 (Small).JPG
    30 KB · Views: 137

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Neat special effects, :thumb: the engineer's view! That "old" bridge is in better shape than the ones nearby on the CN mainline: three of them are slated to by torn down soon, with only one being replaced. The other two will become level crossings.

Wayne

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Neat pic. How cool would it be to get a small videao cam mounted inside the cab of a diesel for a cab view of your layout in video! I figure that as small as the camera's are getting it won't be long before we could fit a lens into the cab of an Athearn dummy f7 abd have the rest of the camera mechanism in back! Maybe even cut away the back of the locomotive body for access to the video camera and just model a cab interior to shoot through. Of course, then we would really see all of the defects in our layouts!

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Chessie,
this is a very good idea to get a somewhat different viewpoint to look at a layout! :wave:

Russ,
'riding' a camera-equipped train is already possible - even in N scale! Have a look at this website: http://nietzsche.mems.duke.edu/~auro/trains/movies.html
[SIZE=-1]
There you find dozens of movies [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]both [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]of [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]model RRs, [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]as well as movies of the real thing. In the first one, SunNSandBlueLine, you take a ride[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] around a very large N-trak layout - in the engineer's seat, so to speak.
Warning: Most of these movies are BIG! This one is 40 MB in size, so a fast connection to the web is advantegous.

Ron

[/SIZE]

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
Thats a cool view. Perhaps there's someway you could photo edit the inside of an engine into that pic ???