Lookikng for a few good NScalers from around the Flint, MI area

Doug Trouten

Hello,

I am trying to start an NTrak club in the Flint Michigan area called FliNTrak.

Let me first introduce myself to those who dont know me. I am Doug Trouten, an NScaler in the Flint, Michigan area. I am looking to start up a local NTrak club. If you live with in a reasonable distance to Flint you are welcome to join. I currently have a set of by-laws, Club standards and recomended practices, ect... to use as a base thanks to the fine folks at North Raliegh Model Railroad Club (I have contacted them and asked for permission, and I have recieved it, to use most if not all of thier standards and rules for the club I am trying to start up).

I will admit I have been trying to get this club going for the past couple months, unfortunately I have been doing it fairly passively due to real life commitments. Now I have a little more free time I am ready to get a little more agressive in the membership drive. I do plan onadvertising with flyers at the Local Hobby Shops here in the Flint, MI area along with posting this request here and on other forums I visit.

I unfortunately do not have a place to hold meetings yet, nor do I have a day for the meetings set yet. So if you are interested in joining if you have an idea of a place where we could meet please let me know.

Now I do have a few questions for those of you who already belong to an existing NTrak club.

1) Does your Club charge dues? If so, how much? If not does your club raise money for supplies in another way such as a 50/50 raffle at the meetings, holding a local train show/swap meet, ect...

2) How often does your club meet and where? Does your club meet once a week, once every two weeks, or once a month. Do you meet at a set location or do you do a round robin between the members homes.

3) Does your club do DCC? If so what system do you use and do you do DCC on all the lines or just the two mainlines?

Thanks in advance for the answers to my questions.