long time no post

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys how has it been here at the gauge? it has been a long time from my last post. i thought i would drop in and say hello.and to give you all an update on my son as most of you know here my son's health is up and down this time of year. last week we where out of town visting family and my son got sick he was rushed to the local childerns hospital and put in to peds i.c.u in the er he was having seurzers and the shortest one was 22 min they got him stable and took him up stairs and put him on a vent. "that was the frist time he has been on one" then a day after he was on it his lungs cullapsed and they where concerned about that but he is a fighter and he pulled out of it and they let him come home sunday.i know that is something i don't want to go through agin . but on a good note we are going to dinsey later this year we are going to finish his papers this fri with make a wish.it is something he can share with his brothers and he can have a week of begin normal. we did get his walker for the school and he loves it. well guys i'll keep in tuch. have to go pick up my 4-8-4- big boy came in yesterday. :)

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Give me shout when you able to head down here. I get up there to Orlando so much I can tell you some good places for trains that you can share with your son, and family. Might even have some pull with the Orlando N-Trak. They have some real nice modules.
Nearby there is a Live steamer group with a layout.
...of course that is if Make-a-wish don't set you up with the works.

Prayers of health and strength to you and family.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Sccoby: There are lots of trains at Disney World (we were just there in Jan.)
For an extra treat, ask the cast member at the monorail station if he can ride up front. (pick a slow time).
Look at the Carolwood Pacific website.
Get the Unofficial Guide.
Have you been yourself? There are lots of sites with Disney info.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Good to hear from you Scoob and also good to hear your son got through what must have been an awful time. I'm glad you hooked up with Make a Wish. They should do a great job setting up a terrific time at Disney.
Regards,
Ralph

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Hi Scooby,
best wishes from the land downunder, glad to hear that the lad pulled throu that bad time, we hope all your plans for the future come off without a hitch, and I hope all is well with you now...have a good one..steve

rcline

Jul 26, 2004
Byers, Tx. 76357
www.geocities.com
Hello Scooby - My 7 year old little girl has C.P., degenerative brain disease, low vision, deformed throat mussels and has a feeder tube in her tummy, so I DO know what you are going through and you know that it is not an easy normal life. I wish the best of luck to you and give that little fighter a big hug from all of us here at the gauge.
Randy

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
It's good to hear fromy ou again, Scooby. I'm so sorry for your son, he must have had a rough time. I'm glad he pulled through, and now I hope that he will have a great time at Disney's.

My best wishes go to your boy, as well as to Randy's girl.

Ron