Logging cars

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Shane,

I checked with Walters several times and that company has'nt made flat cars in four years. Gloor Craft models also made them but not in several years. Walthers in fact made logging cars for there lumber company and they hav'nt made them in two years.

Just today I found out from another forum that a company named Small Scale Logistics makes two different flat cars. They also make a Shay N- scale steam engine to my surprise. Does anyone know anything about this company and how good there products are. Thanks for the help.

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
Hi
Sorry about the last post,The catalog that I grabbed was 1999,I dont see anything else.

I've never heard of Small Scale Logistics.

By the looks of these cars it wouldn't take very much to build one. The Walthers looks like a flat car with 4 large side stakes and some of the floor cut away.The Detail Associates looks a little better with Just two side posts attached to the center beam and no floor,So I dont think it would be hard to build.

If you scratch build it it'll have more meaning.Give it a try.

Shane

Let me know if you find anything,If you want I can check with my suppliers to see if they have anything of the sorts,They usaly have a good stock of the sorts.

Another thing you can try is to list your question over in the n/z side of the Gauge.