Locomotives Coing Out

kf4jqd

Hi Everyone:

My locomotives are finally coming out of storage after 6 months. Is there anthing I should do before I run them again? I notice a few locomotives are having a slow start up.

Andy

Marxed

kf4jqd said:
Hi Everyone:

My locomotives are finally coming out of storage after 6 months. Is there anthing I should do before I run them again? I notice a few locomotives are having a slow start up.

Andy

just clean up the wheels, contacts, and lube what needs to be lubed and after afew laps around the track you'll notice they will begin to increase speed and go back to normal

i don't know what type of engines your running, but i know some of my marx have done that, when i first got my marx commodore vandebilt, it was ages since it last ran on the tracks and it would barely run when i first put it on the track, and after some lubing and a good handful of laps, it worked it's way up to running at a strong pace with cars

shaygetz

CavlrZ said:
just clean up the wheels, contacts, and lube what needs to be lubed and after afew laps around the track you'll notice they will begin to increase speed and go back to normal

That's about it, unless they endured some temperature extremes while in storage, a light lube and clean will be just fine. Chances are, your pets are miffed at you for leaving them in the box for so long. :p