Loco Bell

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Friday the 13th Better not work on the layout........What to do ? :confused: :confused:
Thought I would start a weekend project
I have had amongst my Junk (read Treasures) for many years a bell which came off a scrapped underground Loco... the management had asked for a new door bell,so with a few scraps of brass plate a block of exotic wood and a lot of hours on my cloth buff...heres the result, at least it brought a smile to the face of the Lady of the house. what away to curry favour !!! :) :) :)

Attachments

• Front Door Bell 2.jpg
    Front Door Bell 2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 119

mhdishere

Feb 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Looks great!

I just have to tell this story:

My Dad, who was a joker (and the apple didn't fall far from the tree), was doing work on his house once and rendered the bathroom inoperative. For the few weeks the bathroom was out of order, he put up an outhouse in the back. This was in the days when toilet tanks were mounted high up on the wall. Dad added a "tank" to the outhouse, with a big honkin' bell inside of it attached to the pull chain. He just knew that a guest would forget that outhouses don't flush, reach up, pull the handle, and let the entire neighborhood know that "Harold got another one!"