Locals at work

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Minnesota Commercial rolls south out of New Brighton, MN approaching the crossing with the CN (formerly Wisconsin Central).

7-16-2007-06.jpg

A sampling of freight cars. I haven't seen a blue CN car before...
7-16-2007-04.jpg

A load of telephone poles taken from nearby Bell pole and lumber next to the yard in New Brighton.
7-16-2007-05.jpg

UP SD40-2

Heres a pair of MP15's pulling cars from the UP,WSOR, & IC&E interchange tracks in Janesville WI.
:deano: -Deano
DSC02263.JPG

UP SD40-2

OR...how about 5 MP15's pulling a string of covered hoppers into Beloit WI:thumb::thumb::thumb: .
:deano: -Deano
pr11.JPG

Biased turkey

Nice pics.
I'm interested in that blue CN boxcar. It might be an old blue Grand Trunk Western boxcar . GTW is owned by Canadian National.
GTW.jpg

Biased turkey

I checked the CN roster at:
boxcars - CN Lines SIG
It confirms what I mentioned in the above reply:
This steel CN boxcar is painted a distinct blue colour as are most of (all?) the others in the series CNA 794xxx series. It was built in 1970 by Pullman Standard and was originally numbered in the GTW 309000-309299 series and used in automotive service.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Nice picture. I had to check out that CR E unit with the Geep behind it too! Also very nice!
Ralph

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Keep 'em coming Charlie!

In Red Wing, MN a pair of CP locos uncouples from their train and moves forward to pick up some cars near this large grain complex.

7-16-2007-24.jpg

It backs a short string of cars into the train and then pulls forward...
7-16-2007-23.jpg

A shot of the locos as they passed me by...
7-16-2007-21.jpg