Loading Dock Height

I'm sure this question has been answered here before, but my searches didn't find it.

I'm building the East Terrible Mine and want to scratch build a loading dock next to the spurr track. Can anyone tell me how high the top of the dock should be above the rail?
Thanks,
Doc

Russ Bellinis

Measure the distance from the bottom of the door openning on a boxcar to the top of the rail and you will be close. Loading docks are generally at door height.

NYC-BKO

Doc,

If you have a Type 1 NMRA Standards Gauge it is on there, I just measured it and it is 4 feet from the top of rail. Hope this helps.-:thumb:

Drew1125

Hi Doc!
I always use a flatcar...you can park it on some tracks next to the dock you're building, & that lets you check clearances, & exactly where the top of the deck should be, & allows you to check it from several angles, without the view being obstructed, as it would be by a boxcar...

Russ Bellinis

Doc Holliday said:
Now a flatcar? Will it never end? :)
Seriously, thanks for the suggestions.
Doc

If you buy enough rolling stock, you might even have a train by the time you have your loading dock built.

Russ Bellinis said:
If you buy enough rolling stock, you might even have a train by the time you have your loading dock built.

You mean I have to have a train too? Next you're gonna tell me I have to have something to pull the train. :D
Doc

pull train

Ooooohhh! You left yourself wide open on that one. The first thought that popped into my mind was that you already had a jackass. But I would never, never, never, ever say any thing like that :D :D :D :D

Lynn