Living Room table layout

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Hey all,

After posting pictures of my wrought iron table in the for sale section, I thought I would post some more pictures of one of the tables I am keeping, here. It's started out as a Queen Anne table from Costco. I then added in the bottom and went from there. Sorry about some of the photos as I am learning how to control blurriness in extreme close-up situations. One of them turned out so neat that I left it in. I took about 30 pictures and the following are the ones I deemed good enough for you to see. I hope these load okay as after much frusturation, I had to reduce the pixelation to a dismal number to come in under the max file size requirement.

Attachments

• DCP_1580.jpg
    DCP_1580.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 628
  • Overview 6.jpg
    Overview 6.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 644
  • City North Street 01.jpg
    City North Street 01.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 621
  • City South Street 01.jpg
    City South Street 01.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 619
  • City South Street 02.jpg
    City South Street 02.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 614

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
And some more...

And the rest...

Attachments

• Cow pond 01.jpg
    Cow pond 01.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,118
  • DCP_2525.jpg
    DCP_2525.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 594
  • Overview 2.jpg
    Overview 2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 598
  • Overview 3.jpg
    Overview 3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 589

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Arrrggghhhh....

I'm disgusted. All my hard work dis-illusioned by poor quality uploads. So much for detail but at least you get the idea. Anyone have any advice on how to upload with better quality using Adobe Photoshop? I started out with beautiful, detailed photos that were 1.3K and 36"x24". What I ended up loading were files that dissolved down to 5.16"x3.418" and less than 45K. There are tons of beautiful photo's on this site. What am I doing wrong?

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
The Photos are fantastic!! They all lose quality when you shrink them down.. That's great work!!!!. I notice "The Foreman" is asleep near the Table too. We have 2 Poms - She / He?? looks adorable!! how old is it??? Mine are both 15 :) :)

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
We used to have two Pomeranians as well but when our son was born two years ago, the youngest Pomeranian was terrified of him (she was actually terrified of everything), so we found her a better home. The one in the picture is 6 years old, 4.5 lbs., and thankfully is not a yappy dog. She is very quiet for the most part.
Thanks for the compliments on the pictures. I guess when I am used to looking at them big and hi res, it's bound to be a little disappointing when I shrink them down and lose the resolution. Still, if you noticed, there is another train table in the background and I still have to post pictures of that one as well so I will get to practice some more and hopefully improve my import problems.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Hey LiveSteamer,

Hey LiveSteamer,

Are you the same LiveSteamer on Titantalk.com?
EDIT: Never mind. Different person. Went and looked it up.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Gettin this import thing down...

Well, I thought I would post just a few more and see if I haven't figured out the best way to import photos with the best quality. We'll see how these look...

Attachments

• DCP_2537 low res.jpg
    DCP_2537 low res.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 581
  • DCP_2539 low res.jpg
    DCP_2539 low res.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 557

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Hi TrainNut, welcome to the Gauge. The pics are great! :thumb: Wish I had room for something like that in my livingroom.
Re the size/quality there are two ways to do it. In either case you need to upload them to a site on the internet. Talk to your ISP. Most of them give you at least 5 meg to work with. Some have their own uploading software and some don't. If yours doesn't you will need an FTP program. I won't get into the details of that here because there are so many different ones. Do a search on them to get the information you'll need. Once you get your pics uploaded as jpegs you can do either of two things. On the toolbar at the top of the post window there are several icons. The one that looks like a postcard is "insert image" where you can insert the URL of the picture you would like post. Remember though that large, high res photos take time and bandwidth to download. For really large high res pics use the globe icon next to it and enter the URL as a hyperlink that people can click on and be taken to the web site of your photos.
I can't wait to see the high res versions. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

simonf

another easy way to improve pictures that doesn't have to do with resizing/compression issues is using lighting other than your flash. I don't use my camera's flash unless I really have to. Set up a couple lamps opposite eacother or three lamps in a triangle to reduce shadows and create a nice warm, not to bright lighting.

great layout man. im jealous too, wish I had some room like that to put my layout. where is your controller?

simonf

brilliant!
biggrin.gif

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
TrainNut said:
We used to have two Pomeranians as well but when our son was born two years ago, the youngest Pomeranian was terrified of him (she was actually terrified of everything), so we found her a better home. The one in the picture is 6 years old, 4.5 lbs., and thankfully is not a yappy dog. She is very quiet for the most part.

Yep - one of ours is quiet - the other one only barks for important things - like a car door opening a mile away :) :) If she hears a single noise in the house she wont stop barking until she feels that she has scared it away. :)

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Wow! The pictures in this thread look absolutely horrible after the site change. Anyways, around November of last year (2006), I took this coffee table layout down to my LHS for display purposes for Christmas and New Years. They asked me if I wanted to sell it. I said, not really but if somebody was really interested, I'd take 2k for it. I've been kind of lethargic about getting it back home and come today, I got a phone call that a school teacher had put a down payment on it. Let me post some pics again from another source. I'm gonna miss that table but now I get to do another one!
wp01.jpg

wp02.jpg

wp03.jpg

wp04.jpg

wp05.jpg

wp06.jpg

Triplex

Wow! The pictures in this thread look absolutely horrible after the site change.
I've been seeing that in other threads, too - they look like thumbnails blown up to the size of the full picture. Your new pictures are working fine.

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
If you click the pictures they work fine. it is only the preview that does not work very well.

That is a very cool layout. I think i might try and make one in a coffee table like that some day.

KATY

So are these older attached photos going to stay permanently pixilated (awful looking) or will they go back to normal at some point?