Little bit o scratchin'

Discussion in 'Trackside Photos & Details' started by Catt, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Catt

Catt Guest

Couple pics of the very first building I scratchbuilt for my N scale layout.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just realized I never installed the steps ,oh well I have had no complaints from the LPB's.:D
  2. Catt

Catt Guest

Little bit o bashin'

I built this one for my old N scale switching layout and rebuilt it for this layout.The origonal kit was the GEO.ROBERTS Printing Inc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Catt

Catt Guest

and still more bashin'

This one started out as the DPM WOOD'S Furniture ,but after i built it I din't like the looks of it so I updated and enlarged it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to show but this is a start any comments welcome.:D
  4. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Nice looking industrial structures that give the impression of being large enough they need lots of rail service! I also like seeing the truck bays as well to further convey the size and business. Neat stuff Catt!
    Ralph
  5. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Nice work on the scratchbuild, Catt, what material did you use? I know N scale is small, but that turntable at the end of the track in the second picture is really short! :D
    Structures like the George Roberts building, concrete with brick curtain walls, are among my favourites, and the Walthers models are great for kitbashing. I have a few in Dunnville, and some more stashed under the layout for use when the upper level extension gets built.
    At least nobody is going to confuse your Grande Valley boxcars with my Grand Valley (Central) boxcars.
    [​IMG]

:D :D
    Wayne
  6. Catt

Catt Guest

I figured I'd get some feedback on my turntable. It was built special for my 0-2-0 steam electric switchers.:D

Don't be to surprized if you should see some modern boxcars in one of my pics with GVC reporting marks someday. A sideline of my mrr hobby is adding other freelanced model railroads to my operating fleet.
  7. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Uh, it's not present in the first pic, there's a bumper right before it, it's bent, and it's the shape of a thin plastic lid
  8. Catt

Catt Guest

More Ndustries fur ya

Here's a couple more Ndustries these are both total scratchbuilts.First up is Andrew's Builder's Supply which is pretty much a building flat with just enough depth to make that recessed loading dock beleivable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up is Shipper's Warehouse a storage facility co-owned by several local trucking companies with no direct rail connection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I nhave a few more to show but I don't want to bore anyone so will wait awhile before posting them. :)
  9. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Nobody out here in the cheap seats is gettin' bored.:D Keep 'em comin'.:thumb:
    Your idea of using a recessed loading dock is a really great way of tricking the viewer's eye into seeing a much deeper structure: it draws attention right into the scene, instead of to the transition between the building and the backdrop. Neat idea!:thumb: :thumb:

Wayne
  10. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!:thumb::D GREAT LOOKING STRUCTURES CATT!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D -Deano
  11. brakie

brakie Active Member

Great industries!
    And John your truck served warehouse is a neat idea.:thumb:
  12. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Nice job Catt! I really like the overall design of the shippers warehouse building.
  13. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

That's because they can fly!!!

Great looking buildings J - I really like that recessed shipping bay. Oh heck - i like them all!
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Val