LIONEL #11341 Train Set and #1609 Rocket Car With Box

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by billbraskey, May 25, 2004.

1. billbraskey

billbraskey New Member

2. billbraskey

billbraskey New Member

Could you guys point me in the direction of any FREE ONLINE PRICE GUIDES for LIONEL train sets?
  3. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

You must be joking..... Unless that is some sort of absolute rare collectors gold plated piece, no way known would I be paying (currently) $205 US for that. And three days to go, too. Perhaps it's a typo, or computer glich or something. That's more than $300 AUS..... no way, Jose. :eek: :rolleyes: Not on your Nelly... Never in a month of Sundees... I'd bare me bum in Bourke St before I'd pay that much! :p
  4. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Sheesh... Up to $265 US now..... What is it that is so special about an old trainset like that? :confused:
  5. pcentral

pcentral Member

Hi Bill,
    Not sure of the value right now but it is still at a good price right now ($268). Go for it if you want it. All of the old space and military trains that Lionel made in the 60's are great collectibles.
  6. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

7. pcentral

pcentral Member

Wow, reading some of those posts in that link really makes me glad I don't hang around the OGR board and never went to that one before! Those guys get flat outright pi**y!! I have no use for people like that! They have no solid proof that anything was other than on the level, but yet they are ready to crucify someone! It sounds to me like these guys are jealous because they don't have/want to spend that kind of money. That's why I spend most my time at mylargescale.com anymore. It's like one big family there, and I got tired of the complaining from O gauge guys. I still like to check in here and see all the excellent work but I honestly don't feel quite as at home(sorry folks).
    Steve
  8. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

I note he's removed his post details from here too. **points up to first post**