Limited Edition Vanship from "Last Exile"

Sparda

Dec 3, 2005
Trying to be nice and help someone who says that It wanted this or that thing is a problem? I just don't see the need to start yelling everyone that some one send him a link or whathever, dude just saying it by private mesage shoul do the thing.

And I broke no rules sending that link by private as you sugest by quoting me with the: "and 16 minutes later he posted me the link to the models"

Whathever I won't make that mistake again.

Oh!! yea: !!!HAPPY HOLYDAYS TO ALL PEOPLE!!!

And peace on earth to good men.

Kaz

Jul 27, 2005
Cambridge
copyright

Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh, but suppose I was the owner/designer of that model, there are several designers here, and I would guess under several names.
Imagine how they feel....

Z

Zathros

I am a big fan of Last Exile, I have all seven DVDs. My family enjoyed this series greatly though sometimes I think I am the only one as no one here (U.S.) has seemed to have heard of it. I wish to model Claus and Lavi's ship. I was fortunate to have obtained the DVD's with the collector Vanships in them. I am going to use them as a reference as well as the many detailed diagrams available on the web. It is unfortunate they are not more readily available. I am interested in making something a little more detailed and bigger than the models supplied with the DVD's.

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
I'd rather design better models with more detail. I watched the whole 'Last Exile' series and I thought it was great despite huge amounts of subtitling.

I can watch a Kurosawa movie but hours upon hours can be a chore.

Z

Zathros

A simple Googling of these models under "image" will turn them up. I think Victor Entertainment should be petitioned to A) Run the series, B) Make the models available. The fact that they are so available makes me wonder if they haven't given tacit approval, as the makes of most of the Anime models. You have to decide if you find what your looking for is pirating. I have the originals. The ones posted on the internet are not the same scale. I want to re-model these as I think the bends are wrong in a few spots but would that be pirating? I would like to make the inner frame workings also but unless you have permission from the actual rights holders of the franchise then basically 1/2 of the models out there are pirated, even the ones listed legitimately, who has rights to the new F-22 models all over the place. I am not sure how this all works. If any experienced veteran of this hobby knows I am wide open for suggestions. I don't want to get in trouble here. I am staring my interpretation of Claus's VanShip, I want a bigger one, big enough so my son can stick Lego dudes in it.

TheWebdude

Just a Member
May 18, 2004
Banks of The Ohio, KY Flavor
kickme.to
Actually I was just outbid on eBay for these about a week ago. They 'do' appear for auction on occasion.
Simply keep an eye out for them...(You all knew I was going to say that didn't you?):twisted:

(Hey Namesake, thanks for covering the forum while I was at work/sleeping in between shifts!)

Z

Zathros

Alvis

Did this today for fun. Alvis. (No!! Not Elvis!!!)

Almost done, if it interests you grab it.

Hot4Darmat

Apr 15, 2007
Kingston, Ontario
I hate to resurrect a long dead thread without much of substance to contribute, but I just discovered this series and have been watching it with my boys. Wow! Its gorgeous. The themes and characterizations are fairly standard for what I've come to see in anime (not, y'know, that that bugs me cuz for the most part it works: like Alex Row seems like the re-incarnation of Albator, etc.), but the vision, style, look and tone are fantastic. Its really amazing. I've been inspired to get started to design and create some of the cool art deco retro steamtech airships. The limited edition tiny paper models seem to be nice, but small and hard to come by...why not just start from scratch....so I'm gonna.

I'll start with one of the vanships when the outland project is done. This really is a "two-thumbs up" high quality kind of series. I'm enjoying it almost as much as I loved Planetes.

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
Yes it's a great series. I think the whole 'built up' world is interesting. I love the old style technology mixed with futuristic and unknown physics.

Designing all the Boosted Vanships would be a great project.