Lights Out

hammer73

Oct 12, 2004
I had a problem with my atlas decoder (DMD) reset to factory settings, the train is now running properly, except I now have no directional lighting. I reviewed my decoder manual and lighting appears to be programmed in CV 29, however there are bits 0-7. Can someone expain to me how to program these bits with an Atlas commander? Thanks.

:confused:

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
hammer73 said:
I had a problem with my atlas decoder (DMD) reset to factory settings, the train is now running properly, except I now have no directional lighting. I reviewed my decoder manual and lighting appears to be programmed in CV 29, however there are bits 0-7. Can someone expain to me how to program these bits with an Atlas commander? Thanks.

:confused:
Did you just try the f0 key on the commander ....

I just downloaded the manual for your decoder and CV29 isn't the only cv that controls the trains lights, I'd start with f0 which controls one of the headlight sets.

If you could provide the settings for CV29, CV51, CV52, and CV53 I can try to find out what gives.

hammer73

Oct 12, 2004
yes I tried f0 key, no response.

I have programmed for cv29--6
cv51--0
cv52--64
cv53--0

Thanks for your help on getting my train back up and running!

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
hammer73 said:
yes I tried f0 key, no response.

I have programmed for cv29--6
cv51--0
cv52--64
cv53--0

Thanks for your help on getting my train back up and running!
YW on the getting your loco back, now for your headlights.

There are two things to try

There is the possibilty that the command station is not in 28 or 128 speed step mode.

I'd try puting your command station into the same speed step mode that the loco decoder defaulted to which is the 28, 128 step mode and seeing what happens.

Then on your decoder there is CV53 which hints in the docs that it controls the brightness of the head lights. Which is currently set to 0 or off. Which leads to the following: program CV53 with 128 and let me know what happens.

Check for the missmatch first though because it also results in no lights at all.

Keep me informed.

hammer73

Oct 12, 2004
Verified that my speed setting was set to 128

I programmed cv53 to 128, no lights. Increased the value in cv53 to 255 still no lights. I'm at a loss!

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
hammer73 said:
Verified that my speed setting was set to 128

I programmed cv53 to 128, no lights. Increased the value in cv53 to 255 still no lights. I'm at a loss!
You didn't forget the f0 as well did you, because that overrides every thing .... all the other settings do is setup the operating parms for the lights .... but f0 will enable at least the front ones and you all ready have directional lighting on so it s/b all you need for the lights ...

I too am at a loss ... you could talk to the folks at Atlas.