Lights for caboose, frieght cars?

i have a lot of lionel stuff that has lights on the cars. mainly, lighted cabooses and also a flat car with a spotlight on it. does anyone make/sell cars like this in HO?

or are there was to retrofit other cars to have lights?

just always thought they were fun.......

Pooh Bah
Fun is not a word to be used in the same sentence with HO scale trains. stooges8

I think there was a work caboose with a spotlight and there may have been lighted cabeese.

ed acosta

Lighted HO Cars

A friend of mine recently gave me a Tyco Floodlight Car which was produced some years ago. It looks like the Lionel 0-27 version, but does not look like any prototype I have ever seen. Toy train manufactures also have included lighted caboose and even lighted passenger coaches with black silhuete people printed on white plastic behind the coach windows. These do not look realistic enough for us 'collectors' but they satisfy young minds much as the Lionel trains satisfied us when we were very young.

Lighted realistic rail cars and engines are a bit of a challenge but look most effective when interior details are included and brightness is controlled. I recall seeing lighted marker lamps at the end of the caboose. I use colored unlighted lenses on my marker lamps and that is good enough for me!

-Ed Acosta

yeah, i have noticed some people take this hobby a little more serious than i do.....

but i know for a fact that my 2 year old son loves the lights on his grandpa's trains......

just thought i would put together some fun cars for him when he plays trains with daddy.

jcoop1

I have a couple of the Tyco light cars. No where prototypical, but fun to run around once in awhile

some hobby stores have light kits you can install in various cars...but mostly you will only find passenager cars and cabooses with lights,
so you might try there

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
i find it is easier to put metal wheels on my cars and put a wire rubbing against it and hook it to a couple LED's.it really isnt that hard,and its cheaper since anyhting that ive found that was lighted was 10-20 bucks more than a standard car.having lights on a brand new car is like a engine with DCC if you have the money go right ahead,but im not one of those people so i find a simple solution.

P.S: 2680 its nice to see another cincinnatian on this forum!

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
out of curiosit, i'm workign on nose maker lights for my U34CH. what kind of LED would i use to dim said lights? i have a very tiny spare Athearn lamp that i'm using.

Gil Finn

I have several passenger cars that are lit and also cabooses plus a MOW silver sieries work cabose.

adding led or wheat germ lites to cars and cabooses is a good idea.

train97

Is this the kind of car you are looking for? I am not sure who makes it but it works and looks neat =]. I would trade it for something if you want it. Let me know,

Cory

Attachments

• tmpphpTDJK7E.jpg
    tmpphpTDJK7E.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 79

bigsteel, do you have any photos of your mods? how many led's would i need to run to accept the track voltage? would love to add some interior lights to my caboose.

liven, that is similar to the lionel car that i was refering to. what you want for it? my son just loves anything with lights!