Lightning McQueen (Cars 2 version) / www.paper-replika.com

Wojtee

Jun 8, 2008
Prague, CZ
A just-for-fun project, made for my son (so for his fun, especially). It was hard with the posters for the new Cars movie everywhere to resist :)

So, I downloaded this model from Paper-Replika, printed it a bit smaller (2 pages on 1, so about 70% of original size), and built it (in about 5 evenings). Modified the undercarriage, so that the wheels turn (pretty simple modification, I used the original parts, just made holes through, reinforced with cardboard and made the "bearings" from a thin plastic tube). The wheels are filled with rolled paper strip, which makes them pretty well round and also rather heavy, which is good for the momentum (goes like greased lightning :mrgreen:)

All the flaps were cut off and glued under the parts, so the edges do not show so much. Important for the tyres, but it makes the body look better, too.

This is why I do it ;)

And yes, it MOVES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVVX3zV__K0

:wave:

Z

Zathros

Your son is adorable. That a wonderful age, It flies by too. My son seemed like he was 2 a week ago and now he's 11. Nice job on the car too!

Z

Zathros

It's one of those models that may be difficult for a new builder, but will teach you much. The 2nd one will come out much better. :)