LifeLike's HO scale S-1 problem...

abutt

Jan 11, 2006
NW CT, USA
Purchased the subject loco a few weeks ago. I already have one and it runs so beautifully, I thoight I'd get another. Now my problem is I can't seem to get the plastic body to sit down on the frame so I can screw it together. Wasamatterme??:curse:

diburning

Jul 2, 2008
lets see... Is it a Proto 2000? Do the instructions say to remove the fuel tank and then put the two included small screws into the holes to secure the shell to the chassis?

If yes, then put the coupler pockets in first! They are the first to hold the shell in place. Also, don't be afraid to give it a little squeeze to get it in. Then, put the little screws on.

If you have modified anything (like installed a decoder) make sure that nothing is sticking out! If any of the black plastic light caps or if a decoder is sticking up, the chassis will not fit into the shell. The chassis is built to be a big hunk of lead to make the engine as heavy as possible.

abutt

Jan 11, 2006
NW CT, USA
Diburning...Thanks for the detailed reply. Yes, Proto 2000. Have one just like it bought several years ago. I don't recall having any problems with the first one. I finally got this new one together. Nothing in the instructions about removing the fuel tank, and couplers were already in place on the frame. There was a slight mis-alignment of the plastic bosses mid way on either side of the body. I carefully rounded the bosses so that they would "automatically" center and then down the cover went, and in went the holding screws. Now she's in the breaking in mode, going round and round on the layout. I still might design a motor car body for the mechanism. I had one that I sold made from a shorty combine and spare parts. Was kind of cute. I believe it's still in my "album". Thanks again for your interest.
Allan