Life-like rolling stock?

Evan

Hi all,

Can you please give me your opinion of Life-like Rolling stock? I have seen a few places with these for sale quite cheaply, and am considering it buying some, seeing as I only have 15 pieces rolling stock at the moment, and they're a cheap way to bump up the numbers.

thanks

Evan

brakie

Suffice to to say I would go the extra few dollars for the better grade of cars..you see I always thought and still do that the Life Like cars look to short and has a squatly look to them compared to other brands of cars... :(

IAIS 604

As Larry said, don't waste your money.

Too bad there isn't any Proto 2000 in N-scale.

The HO scale P2K rolling stock and kits are superb !!!

They rank with Atlas, Kadee and Branchline for my top 4 rolling stock makers.

I bet they will start making N-scale P2K soon - then you will be in for a treat!

rcwatkins

I would not recommend you buy Life Like. It's more important to buy a few quality cars than a bunch of low end cars. ;)

NSCALEMIKE

Evan, if you're looking for some fairly decent rolling stock...at reasonable prices...try MDC...they have an Nscale bargains section directly on their website..closeouts etc...I believe they ship internationally...I recently picked up some nice BN reefers (a dozen) as well as a dozen tank cars..all for $75.00 (USD) shipping was free. I am not sure what they would charge for overseas...but it's worth a look. WWW.MDCROUNDHOUSE.COM

Will_annand

My stable will be made up of MDC cars. For two resons, (a) they are about the only ones that still make N Scale truss rod cars (Box, Reefer and Stock). (B) they are good quality for the money.

I will have to scratch my Flat and gons.

GRSJr

LL is the only NE-5 caboose on town. So, until Atlas decides to
do this one, I have to run LL cabooses.

Ray

absnut

I agree with Ray... the New England style caboose is the only game in town for us New England modelers but, with the advances they've made with their motive power, maybe rolling stock up-grades won't be far behind! :thumb:

Dick

Belmarvalley

I would agree that LL rolling stock is of lower quality. A while back I purchase a five-pack of "Bev-bel" boxcars with eastern road names. I would not say they were terrible, but you can do better.

They actually did come in handy. I used them to perform unspeakable weathering experiments on. :eek: :D

GRSJr

Brakie,

I have 2 Atlas NE-6 cabooses on order, but they won't do
for the eastern coal haulers like Lehigh Valley, Reading, etc.
They used NE-5 cabooses for which the Life-Like is a not too wonderful example, but it's the only game in town.

Please Atlas!!!!!!!!!!

I also have the Atlas-O NE-6 in NKP livery. It's a work of art! If the N scale version even comes close it'll be
the best caboose ever made in N.

Ray