Life like parts

xtcrr

Feb 7, 2006
Does any one know where i can get life like parts for a emd gp18 proto200 Life Like engine?announce1

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Don't hold your breath... I have been in contact with them recently and over the past several months. They are still sorting through all the stuf they brought back from LL. May be a while until they have it all sorted. If you are in Canada, you can try HoobyCraft, the Canadian Distributor. I don't exactly know what their status is since the takeover, but it may be worth a try.

Andrew

xtcrr

Feb 7, 2006
I heard the same info that walthers dont know what they have and don't have from the buy out.... I live in wisconsin which would make walthers a good choice.
Maybe some one might know how to fix the gear drive assembly, it seems the gears are fine but the wheels are slipping.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Athearn wheel assembly #40019 will interchange. However they have steel wheels.
Some have said pressing the L/L axles into an Athearn #60024 gear works, but I find that it is to tight a fit and over stresses the plastic gear. (Just my opinion) I ream the hole in the gear with a sharp 3/32 drill bit untill it is a light press fit then Loc/ Tite them together.

xtcrr

Feb 7, 2006
Well i called walthers and ordered the part, at least a two month Back Order.. oh yeah

hd8091

May 20, 2004
I replaced the wheels with Northwest Short Line wheels and used the Athearn gears. Works like a charm. Did this to my 6 FA-2's and 2 Gp-18's. The fix also works for others in the Proto line.
Tom