Life Like GP18 is so smoooooth

Biased turkey

My N scale DCC main layout is based on German prototypes, it uses Fleischmann tracks and rolling stock.
While soldering and handpainting the rails I can't run it , so I decided to build a small ,quick and less expensive DC layout based on US prototypes and using Atlas code 80 tracks available everywhere.
I went at my LHS and purchased the less expensive locomotive available there : Missouri Pacific version of the Life Like GP18.
I'm so impressed by how that locomotive runs so smoothly and how it is possible to set the speed at a very low level without the engine stoping.

I highly recommend that model.

Cornreaper

I second that! A lot of people knock the older lifelike stuff, but to be honest, my gp18 runs sweeter than the newer split-frame LL gp20 I have. The detail is supurb too. And it was $15 brand-new off eBay!

Cornreaper said:
I second that! A lot of people knock the older lifelike stuff, but to be honest, my gp18 runs sweeter than the newer split-frame LL gp20 I have. The detail is supurb too. And it was $15 brand-new off eBay!

I second that, I have 5 older LL GP18's and they out pull anything else I have Including My KATO SD80M or even any of My E8's with the exception of the LL E8's There the top Pullers.