life like e6

Hi Zach

having tried to understand your last two postings :)D ) - might I suggest you check over your spelling before you post....??:wave:

Meant with the best intentions

zachary

im so sorry i have gotten a new key board and was trying to figure it out .

I was wondering how good are the life like e6 a b units and how hard are they to ut dcc i because thiswill be my first layout and i have alwayswanted tohave a e6 and this will bemy first good loco hanks zacharyf

I have an ATSF A/B Set. Only the A unit is powered though. That sucker is very heavy. It pulls the B unit and about 25 cars on its own. As far as looks, I must say it is wonderful. The paint is crisp and very well done. The DCC conversion is somewhat difficult because part of the rear weight has to be trimmed to make space for a small decoder. The motor is already isolated, so it is unintentionally DCC ready...kinda. Ive never had any trouble with it. It has great electrical pickup. From what I hear, it is not difficult to power up the B unit. Hope that helps

Since it is the only E6 we got right now, and if you get a good deal on the engine or set on e-bay, this is nice model.
I got an undecorated set for around $40 and painted it in City of San Francisco colors and I am very happy with the quality of the shell. I have not changed it to DCC and cannot tell how much work is involved. I also plan to add sound in the B unit instead of powering the unit.